Chapter 3: Adoption?

(After re-reading the last chapter to continue writing this one, I realized that Moxxie's name autocorrects to Moxie. It's not a huge problem but I'm going to have to read what I wrote even more carefully from now on.)

(Y/n) Pov.

As Moxxie and Millie lead me to I.M.P headquarters we chat about random topics, well, at least Millie and I do. Moxxie seems a bit upset about something. I decide to ignore it and continue to speak to Millie, however, she catches me off guard with her next question, "So, (Y/n), how long have ya been in hell?" She asked with her southern accent I've quickly come accustomed to. I slow my speed as I rub my chin in thought, I don't really know how long I've been in hell. While there are visible days and nights with the fires darkening every night, I never really bothered to keep track of time considering I was hunting down my family and whatnot.

I look back at the two imps as they wait for my answer, "Don't know. But, probably a month, maybe two." I said, guessing my time in hell. Moxxie looks at me confused while Millie just continues to smile, "You've been in hell for over a month and you're just now deciding to get a job!?" Moxxie asked shocked, only receiving a nod from me. He grumbles about something and crosses his arms while pouting like a child as we all continue toward I.M.P, Millie never dropping smile along the way. As we spoke to each other, I felt something I hadn't known for a long time, companionship. Since my time in hell, I've never truly spoken to anyone other to learn of my old family's whereabouts, and speaking to Millie in such a friendly manner was refreshing to say the least.

"We're here!" Millie suddenly shouted, stopping in front of a large, multistory building with tinted windows and a surprising number of striped horns with varying sizes at the top of the building, topping off its strange appearance. Millie practically throws open the door, holding it open long enough for me to slip through and Moxxie shortly after.

After making it inside, I take a second to take in my surroundings. To my right is a small waiting area with a couple of couches next to a table with magazines decorating the top and an exit door nearby. On my left is a doorway that had an "employees only" sign hung up on a poorly secured nail on the door. Quickly taking a peek into the room, I see a fairly large kitchen area that bled into a dining area in the back left portion of the room. As I pull my head out of the room, I look closer at the lobby itself, it was average size with grey carpeting and pink striped wallpaper with a deep red trim.

Unfortunately, my time is cut short by Moxxie who had been leaning up against the empty receptionist desk while waiting for me, "You done?!" He asked me impatiently with a tap of his foot. I glare at him and nod, slightly scaring him as he leads me upstairs and to what I believe is a conference room. But, before we are able to go inside, we all freeze as we hear a deep growl coming from the room in front of us, "What is that?" I ask, more confused than scared unlike Moxxie who has hidden behind Millie. Millie sighs as she pulls Moxxie out from behind him and strokes his hair while holding him, "It's just Loona, you go in and say hi to Blitzo. I'll deal with this..." She said as she sat Moxxie down on a chair in the hall I hadn't noticed before. I nod and go into the room, shutting the door behind me as I do so.

When I step into the room, I'm met with more confusion as I see a hellhound sat at a long conference table being nuzzled by a taller imp dressed in a sharp black suit.