Chapter 10

It was Thursday at 9 in the morning, you've woken up to the sound of what could have been a dozen or less pair of feet shuffling around and voices whisper-yelling at each other. Rubbing off the sleep from your eyes, you yawned as you carefully moved the comforter away from half of your body. Not having any memory of lifting it over your body made you guessed it was Billie who did it.

Smiling to yourself, you went out of the room and you were right, there were bunch of people scrambling in and out of the hotel room. A ring light and portable vanity were positioned in the living room area occupying much of the space and of course there was the one and only Billie Dean Howard.

Sore from last night you took your steps slow and discreet, quickly your eyes settled over the reflection of the older woman. Everyone around her stopped: the hairdresser, the make-up artist, the one who was applying new set of pressed on nails. They looked at the woman who signaled for them to give her a minute, they nod and left.

Stuck at where you were with no intention of moving, Billie decided to rose up from the seat, fixed the rose gold silken robe she had on and sauntered over with a smile held on her lips. Her make-up was barely done and yet Billie already looked so lively and sublime. "You slept like a baby, didn't you?" Your cheeks were like glowing embers, with a brief eye connection you nodded bashfully.

You had this feeling like everybody knew what the two of you had done last night and so you couldn't help but keep a distance between you and her and kept seeing imaginative dirt on your hands. Why everything had to be so wrongful and yet doing it made your heart flutter and so fulfilled, you felt the happiest with her.

Billie closed the small gap, "Nobody knows what we did and what we really are to each other." she whispered assuring you while cradling your cheek within her soft palm. Tilting your head up, she met your gaze and the warm tone of your cheeks. Billie smiled. "I made you breakfast, you mustn't have noticed the tray on the bedside table." With your eyes going wide, your ears warmed with your cheeks. Lips parting to say a word but your mind wouldn't produce any.

Billie's eyes quickly roamed the room, everyone was busy. You watched her, the next thing you knew was Billie's lips had left a kiss on your forehead with her hand cupping the back of your head. "Eat up, sweetheart. I've got a work to do."

You were left alone in the massive hotel room until the sun set down and from the balcony you saw the black rental car pulling over. She was half an early earlier than she promised she would pick you up for dinner in town. There was this jolt of happiness at the sight of the blonde exiting the car. As you were about to stand up your phone rang, it was your sister: Alice...

"Alice, hey." It was plainly said with a lesser effort to sound joyous to finally hear from your sister again.

"I went to your apartment and you're not there. I asked around and no one knows where you are. Papa and I are getting worried." You could have wished it was true but you knew all too well that when they said they missed you, it meant money.

It took everything from you not to scoff audibly, you swallowed the anger the bubbled, balled your hand to a fist and breathed out calm as you could.

"I'm with a friend. She offered me to do her thesis in exchange for cash because she knew I'm financially short. It isn't that big but it's enough. Once I get back I'll drop by at pops and give him some."

"Could you lend me some too, it's for your niece's maintenance."

"I—sure."

"When could you possibly coming home?" more like when could you possibly give the money?