Chapter 24 | Affection

Start from the beginning

Qi Xutian smiled wickedly and self-confidently, "You're already in love with me, how could I not know? You should know that I am also in love with you." He leaned down and pecked him gently. However, Qi Xutian couldn't stop himself from pressing against him and kissing his pink, soft lips which eventually escalated into straight-up plundering his mouth and sucking on them, as if venting his dissatisfaction, "How can you believe that I love you?" Qi Xutian let go of him, smiled and seemed to be looking forward to it, "It would be better to let me serve MingEr in the future, so you will believe that now, I only need you."

"As long as you can bear it, it doesn't matter. I would definitely make you happy." Qi Mingyue looked at him provocatively, then smiled warmly.

"If that's the case, then I can wait. You see outside that it's late, then you..." His eyes gradually darkened and he revealed a suggestive expression.

"But I feel a little hungry." He sat up, half-lying in Qi Xutian's arms and suddenly remembered he left something in Ranxin Pavilion, "I just remembered that the cakes Consort Mother made herself for you must still be in Ranxin Pavilion. Won't you try tasting them?"

"You're very close to her? Have you tasted the pastries she made?" Qi Xutian's tone was obviously displeased. He took his clothes from him and helped him put them on.

Could it be that even his mother's vinegar was being eaten? He helplessly replied, "How about tasting it? She is my mother, don't think too much about it."

"I don't want you to be close to others, even your mother. Not to mention that she has a secret relationship with Han Ziqi. You don't have to worry about her."

"As expected, you knew about this but didn't say anything just to watch them act. Now, I can relax. You're just waiting to watch the show." He frowned at the thought of Tan Wu's words. He had left a way out for her and as long as she didn't harbour any ill will, he wouldn't want to kill her.

Qi Xutian ordered someone to bring the cakes from Ranxin Pavilion. The two dressed up, sat down together, instructed people to arrange the meal and then opened the box containing An Ruolan's cakes.

Their bright colour with a reddish hue looked very lovely at this time. After taking the cake handed over by Qi Mingyue, Qi Xutian put it in his mouth and chewed it a few times, then revealed a strange look.

Qi Mingyue finally couldn't resist a smile from emerging on his face. He poured a cup of tea for Qi Xutian, saw him frown and take a sip. Qi Mingyue smiled with bad intentions, "If only I enjoy it, it would make me feel uneasy. What does Father think about the taste? Mother's craftsmanship is pretty good." He had already left the Ningxi Pavilion at that time and wanted to get a cup of tea. Fortunately, it was a relief that he came across Jiang Yao's Pavilion.

Qi Xutian drank another cup, only then was he able to dispel the sweet and greasy taste in his mouth. It was really fragrant and soft, however, this kind of greasy sweet taste was truly unbearable. Possibly, MingEr suffered there but couldn't avoid or speak of it, therefore, he brought some back to make him suffer as well.

Looking at the smug expression on his face, Qi Xutian couldn't resist reaching out to rub his hair and kiss him on the lips, "Well, if you are happy, I don't mind eating a few more." As he spoke, he began reaching for another piece.

Qi Mingyue hurridly blocked his hand and pushed the cake aside. "I was just joking, you don't have to do that." Only then did he notice Father's satisfied smile and stared at him. If he wanted to see how much he cared for him, there was no need for such deception! Even after saying he loved him, Father was still so cunning!

Although he was duped, his lips still couldn't resist curving into a smile, causing Qi Xutian to embrace him again and capture his lips into a kiss.

It wasn't until someone outside reported that the meal had been prepared, that they separated and let the dishes be brought in and placed on the table. Then, both of them began to dine quietly.

•×•×•×•

Indus: When they mention cakes, it's meant to be a snack. Also, cakes are the same as pastries here. The cakes/pastries aren't the modern ones with cream, fondant, or the like.

Example of Chinese cake/pastry:

There are many different kinds, not just these

There are many different kinds, not just these. Use your imagination for the ones in this novel.