Two

I woke up to the sound of what seemed to be a hundred mad birds. And not only that, I couldn't go to sleep until 4 AM as my little brother had few friends sleepover which basically meant that they played games all night. Which means they screamed with joy and anger at least few times every minute. And maybe I am a bit overdramatic but who can blame me when I am robbed from the precious sleeping hours.

For the past few days I kept mostly to myself which I think is just my introverted side showing off. My father made me go to therapy for it though, so apparently it is only my opinion. Right now I have to go only if I or my brother decide that I really need to but otherwise, I am a free person. Sort of. It wasn't anything serious, I don't think so at least but they thought that it could lead to a depression or something more dangerous. And I wasn't propably in the best place as I could be for days either in a bad mood or feeling bad because I shouldn't be. For me, it was just really uncomfortable. Anyway, I talked only with Lucy, which somehow became so natural that it would be weird if I wouldn't for one day. Of course, I talked with my brother and even with my father on skype but they don't count as an outside world to me.

After laying in bed for an hour more I decide there is no point in it and I go make myself a cup of delicious coffee. Not that I am addicted or anything, I just find days when I drink it are much better. Unfortunately, as I walk through the door I realise there is one of my brother's friend there. So much for peace and quiet for me than. He turnes around looking at me suspiciously.

"Who are you?" He asks looking at me like I am not supposed to be there.

"I think that who are you would be a better question as I live here and you don't." I say smirking at him. He really is arrogant, I am almost impressed. If only I had that confidence when I was sixteen.

"So you are the hot Nina!" He says not really answering my question while leaving kitchen to go back to his friends. Even though it is kind of reassuring it is also really weird and makes me stunned. They are two years younger than me, for god's sake.

Moving on from this sudden shock I finally make myself my coffee and I start packing my bag to work. Usually, there are not a lot of people checking in from Monday to Thursday so maybe I will be able to do some homework. Working in the hotel can be really nice sometimes but when we have too many people from which usually at least half can't behave, I want to scream or run away. Or both at the same time which I think could be funny. Maybe not when I am just not in the mood to deal with this kind of people but at some point in time, like ten years in the future. While packing I think for a bit about David. He just seems like he could become my friend. Sure, we mostly talked about things like our favourite colours but that doesn't deny our connection. Or I would like so.

When I finally finish grabing all my stuff I go to my brother's room. Before I open the door I psychically preper myself for what is about to happen and it won't be pretty if I say anything remotly stupid or basically anything with sexual undertones even if they are visible only to sixteen year olds. After taking one big breath I open the door.

"I am going to work, make yourself some dinner and please for god's sake, do your homework. I am really tired of your teachers always complaining." I say quickly to Emmet, my little brother. He is like an epitome of a little brother except the fact that he dooes really care about me and sometimes he behaves way to mature for his age. Otherwise, he is really hyperactive and when I say that, yes, he really does have ADHD. He's smart and even though he propably did loads of stupid things, most of the time he seems to be like the most innocent person in the world to me. And annoying at the same time.

"Sure, mom" He says grinning like a little idiot he is. Or maybe not so little but who would care. I know he observes me closely as I had my quiet days for the past four or fife days. I smile and wave deciding to completely ignore his friends as anything I ever say always meets with some sort of sarcastic comment or laughter. Not that I mind making other people laugh but I would rather they laughed with me, not at me.

-------

I am in a little bit better mood coming back from work. Somehow, Mike, who's like the older brother for me managed to make me laugh for at least an hour and people looked at me like I am mad. And I tried really hard to contain myself. And I swear, I cried. Not that his jokes were that great, almost all of them were truly awful but that was the funniest part of it all. And it was only worse when he decided that it would be great idea to tell me all the worst pick up lines on this planet. How can you not laugh?

I decided against any advice ever given to me about walking alone in the evening, to put my music on. Sure, it isn't propably the smartest decision but not that I really care. Noone ever bothered me and I know that there is a first for everything etc. I trailed off to my thoughts again thinking about the past and the future and than I started thinking about what I should have done and said differently but I realised It was my therapist's main concern with my well-being. And as a sain person I am I decide to just go over my school and work schedule which makes me think about all the exams I have and I should prepare for when I feel someone tapping my arm. Completely terrified I turn around only to see David. I think I am going to fucking kill him.

"What the hell?" I almost shout but I remembered that it is really late and I propably shouldn't do it.

"Well, you shouldn't have your music on so loud." David says laughing at my reaction. "And hello to you too."

"Well, if you wanted to kill me you could have chose some other way than the heart attack. And besides I don't think I would be able to run away from you even if I heard you coming." I say taking a big breath. He seriously scared me. "What are you doing here anyway?" I ask. By the way, I heard this sentence way too many times for one day.

"What do you think I am doing?" He responds smiling with his eyebrow raised. I look at him and I realise I didn't notice that he is wearing jogging trousers and he is all sweaty and everything. I guess it didn't take a genious to guess.

"Maybe if you didn't scare me almost to death I would notice sooner!" I say trying not to sound like a complete idiot. Which I am. A complete and utter idiot. I would face-palm myself but I decide to just try and safe some sort of diginity. "And should you be running anyway?"

"The trainer would be mad if I didn't. What are you doing here this late?" He says not really answering my question. He seems fine so I decide to let it slip.

"Coming back from work." I say and I realise that we are a house away from mine. "Well, that one there is me so I guess it is a goodbay."

"I'll walk you to your door." he says smiling. I look at him surprised and he just smiles in a response. When we are in front of my house we stop awkwardly.

"Now I am sure you're safe, see you tomorrow." he says and runs off in the direction we came from before I have a chance to respond. I stand in place for around what seems to be five minutes when I realise what I am doing. That was weird. I haven't felt like that for what seems to be years but the thing I don't understand is why and what changed exactly.