Bonus chapter: Four pillars and a baby.

Start from the beginning

Kars left his child alone to find the two who would be looking after her. Wamuu and the other were sparring when he found them. The sun had just went down and they had left the safety of the shadows once it was dark enough to spar. "Enough, you two. I have an important task for you.," The man spoke and got the attention of the younger males, "Esidisi and I will be going to exterminate nearby Hamon users, I want you two to guard my daughter while I am gone. She has already been fed and put to sleep. Just make sure she is safe."
The vermillion haired male's attention was caught by this, he was eager to see the child before. But Esidisi made him stay away. This was his chance to see his master's baby! The blond and Vermillion haired males knelt before their master, Wamuu was the one to speak. "We will make sure nothing happens to her, Master Kars.," the blond warrior spoke. "Good. Be careful, infants are delicate.," Kars spoke as he walked away join Esidisi in their task for he night. Wamuu rose after Kars walked away. The blond was curious about the child like his younger sparring partner. He has reservations about having an infant in their group, but his master wanted this child so he could not speak against it. The blond warrior decided to not spar any more and go to actually see the infant.

The two were quiet as they creeped up to the room that their master used as a bedroom. The warriors peeked in and saw the little creature laying in a little makeshift crib, the vermillion haired male eased in closer as Wamuu tried to get him to come back. The scarlet eyed warrior looked down at the sleeping child. She was so small. She looked so delicate. He leaned down and started to sniff at her, she did not seem to have developed her own scent yet. The vermillion haired warrior lightly touched the cheek of the infant girl. The little cheek was soft and warm.
The older warrior came in and pulled the younger away from the sleeping infant. Wamuu peered into the crib and saw red eyes meeting his green ones she was no longer asleep. They must have woken her up with their scuffle. The baby's face started to contort as she began to cry. The cries weren't loud, just mewls. The young warriors were panicking before the vermillion haired one picked her up as gently as he could and held her. "Crying. No crying.," the vermillion haired warrior said as he tried to calm the infant. The infant would not stop crying. They had no experience with children! Wamuu knew that the child was not hungry, she must have been scared to wake up and not see her father. The blond warrior looked for something that would have the scent of his master on it, hoping that it would calm the baby down.

Wamuu heard the cries die down and looked being him to see the infant was suckling on the younger warrior's finger. The youngest warrior's eyes were watching the infant intently. "What did you do?," Wamuu asked and the other warrior took his finger from the infant. The girl began to cry before he let her grab and suck on his finger again. The two warriors walked out of their master's room and to the common area, they sat down and regarded the youngest member of their group with curiosity. The vermillion haired male seemed to enjoy having someone younger than him. Even though she did outrank him by technicality.
Wamuu was intrigued by how much she resembled his master. A tiny female version of his master. The other warrior was happy with poking at her chubby cheeks. The vermillion haired male held the child away from Wamuu when the blond male tried to take her to have a turn holding her. "I outrank you. I want to hold the little master.," the blond male said as the vermillion haired one stuck his tongue out at him. They heard a gurgling from the baby. They looked down as soon as she mimicked the one who held her. A small pink tongue poked out from her baby lips. Wamuu and the vermillion haired warrior started to snicker. This was adorable. Perhaps having a baby in their group would not be such a bad thing.

The vermillion haired male still refused to let go of the baby. Wamuu was getting annoyed at the younger warrior, his green eyes locked with the scarlet ones of the other. The little squirming baby in the arms of the vermillion haired warrior cooed at the two. The vermillion haired warrior shot his ribs out to push the older warrior away. "You dare? And around the infant?," Wamuu asked, demanding an answer from the younger. "She isn't treating me like garbage.," The vermillion haired male said cooly. Tensions rose before settling, they could not fight here and potentially hurt the infant. They would have to fight later to get it out of their systems. The plum haired infant snuggled into the chest of the one who held her. "What kind of power will she have when she grows up?," Wamuu asked, "Would she have Lord Kars' magnificent blades or something completely new?" "Small.," the vermillion haired male said softly. Wamuu looked to the companion, "You were not even listening."

The smell of blood told them that their masters had returned. Kars found the two sitting on the floor with his child being held by the younger. The godlike man took his child from the young warrior, "Was she any trouble?" "No lord Kars, no trouble at all!," the two said as the baby began to coo at them. Kars held the child against his chest, "Then you can watch her when I am busy." The plum haired man walked away with the cooing baby in his arms. She was happy to see her father again. He smelled odd, but good. The little baby smelled the patch of red liquid on the skin of her father before licking it. It was sweeter than what her father gave her. Kars chuckled and petted his daughter's tiny head with a gentle hand.
The distant sounds of the sparring you warriors brought a small smile to his face. This was a life fit for a god like him. Followers that adored him and a child that he could adore. The baby babbled and gurgled at her father as he carried her back to his own room for rest. The baby girl clung to her father and suckled his finger after he gave it to her. Her own tiny hands gripped his large one. "You're safe as long as you stay with me, my little treasure.," He whispered to the baby that was staring up up him with her little red eyes. His most precious, the one he loved the most.

In the months to follow, the others of the group would slowly grow fond of the little girl. Her tiny hands grip their fingers they hold near her. She had a habit of trying to grab Esidisi's nose ring and she would cry if he squished her tiny cheeks and tummy too much. The youngest warrior was very fond of her, when he was not resting or training, he was trying to get a look at the child or trying to play with her. The infant seemed to be most comfortable with Wamuu if her father was not around to care for her.
This was a big change for them. But this little baby might just be the change for the better they wanted, the next step in their species evolution.

___
For Cringy_AnimeArtist

All of these next chapters are bonus what if scenarios and requested scenarios. Please don't be shy to ask for something.