"I was," she said, although she hadn't even started the letter yet, "but I wanted to see how you and Hisana were doing." Her eyes went from staring into Muzan's glowing crimson irises to their daughter, who was sleeping soundly in his arms and a smile spread across her face.

Muzan couldn't help, but smile back at his wife, "We're doing good. Hisana fell asleep a little while before you came out here."

"I'm just glad that she's getting to spend time with her daddy," she said in a pleased tone as she nervously fidgeted her fingers in front of her and tilted her gaze slightly away from her husband's, "Do you have to go out tonight again Muzan?"

The demon lord raised his left brow slightly as his gaze stayed fixed on the side of his wife's face while she continued to divert her eyes away from his. "I'm not sure yet, why? What's wrong Amaya?"

Amaya wasn't sure why she was so nervous to ask Muzan her next question. Maybe it was because they hadn't spent time alone together for so long? She let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding and looked up into her husband's plum red irises that sparkled like rubies in the lamp light. "Do you think we could go on a walk together through the garden after we put Hisana to bed? We haven't spent time alone together since she was born and I-" she stuttered over her words, "I miss spending time with you."

Muzan lowered his raised brow and his gaze softened after hearing what his wife had been wanting to ask him. He moved his left arm carefully out from underneath Hisana, running his fingers through his wavy raven colored hair and chuckled softly before turning to look at his wife, who stood nervously awaiting his answer. "Amaya, why would you think you'd need to ask me to spend time with you? Of course I will."

The nervousness that was plastered on Amaya's face faded away as a tender smile replaced it. "You have no idea how happy that makes me Muzan." She knew in her heart why she had been so worried to ask to spend time alone with her husband, but she didn't divulge that information to him.

"I'm going to go back to our room to finish writing my letter to Kagaya, so you can spend more time with Hisana."

"Master Muzan, Lady Hisana would you like me to start preparing dinner? Oh, I'm terribly sorry if I interrupted the two of you," Niko came out of the hallway adjacent to where Amaya was standing and humbly bowed in her and Muzan's presence.

"Niko, your most common habit is interrupting and showing up where you're not welcome," Muzan spat. The timid maid could feel Muzan's intimidating gaze fixed on her as she continued to bow in respect to her master.

"Muzan!" Amaya called out in shock to her husband, although she wasn't actually in shock over what he said. He was very cold-hearted to anyone except for her and their daughter. "Niko I'm sorry please ignore his rudeness," Amaya bowed her head slightly down to the maid, "it would be lovely if you could prepare dinner."

Muzan scoffed.

"As you wish my lady," Niko lifted her head up and scurried off, quickly opening and closing two shoji doors at the end of the hallway.

Amaya turned her head to glare at Muzan, her emerald eyes met his alluring plum red irises, "You're always so rude to that poor woman Muzan!"

Muzan laughed scornfully, "That old maid always shows up at times when her presence is not welcome. She needs to know her place; she should not show her face unless she is asked to."

Amaya sighed defeatedly, she knew there was no arguing with Muzan, especially when it came to how he treated Niko. He had servants throughout the 1000 years he had been alive, beginning back when he was still human. He wasn't going to change how he treated them and she knew that.