Teddy Lupin chapter 2

Chapter 2

We arrived at Harry's house around 4:50.  He had a beautiful house unlike my grandma's house that was semi-old.  We walked down the hall into the kitchen.  There was Ginny (Harry's wife) and Hermione (Ron's wife) cutting and dicing and Mrs. Weasley was also helping preparing the food for dinner.  Fleur (Bill's wife) and Victoire (their daughter) were looking after the cute four year old James, the adorable three year olds Albus and Rose, and baby Lily and Hugo.  The men of the family were sitting at the table talking about Quidditch or something and having a little to drink.  Harry was the first to notice me and my grandma walk in.

"Teddy!  M'boy!  Come give your Godfather a hug!" Harry exclaimed.

"Hey, Harry," I said, hugging my Godfather.

The rest of the "family" greeted us and waved.

"Teddy, we were just talking about how the Hollyhead Harpies won the Quidditch world cup!  Amazing how they won," Bill was saying as I sat down and Grandma went to help make the food.  The conversation went on from Quidditch to Gringotts Bank and finally to Hogwarts.

"Wow, finally old enough huh?  Are you excited for Hogwarts?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, I'm really excited!  I've heard so many great things about it so I'm anxious to finally go there." I said, "and I met a girl in Madame Malkins who's also a first year," I added.

"Oh, I see.  You met a girl," Harry started.  I blushed.

"Well," I stammered.

"Everyone, dinner's ready," Mrs. Weasley interrupted.

Silently thanking Mrs. Weasley, I got up and followed the others to the dining room.  The dinner was delicious.  It had mashed potatoes (my favorite), pork chops, salad, and many fabulous desserts. 

"A toast," Harry started, raising his glass, "to Teddy, who's leaving in only three days to go to Hogwarts, the best wizarding school in the world!"

"Cheers!" We all cheered and clanked our glasses.

After dinner Harry called over to me and I followed him into an empty room.

"Teddy, I wanted to give you these two things that will help you at Hogwarts," he said, first handing me a big cloak.  "This," he explained, "is an invisibility cloak.  Once you put it on, you will be completely invisible.  C'mon, try it on now."

I put the cloak on and looked down at myself.  Only, I couldn't see myself!  I was really invisible!

"Wow, that's amazing!" I exclaimed pulling off the cloak.

"Yeah, it is amazing.  I used it all the time when I was at Hogwarts," Harry told me. "Wow, me, Ron and Hermione would use the cloak constantly, when going down to Hagrid's hut or sneaking through the corridors. And to make sure we didn't pass anyone in the hallway, we used this," and pulled out an old piece of parchment.

"This is the Marauder's Map.  You tap it like this, and say, 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good' and it will reveal a map of Hogwarts and the people walking around in it.  It also shows all the secret passageways in and out of the castle.  Amazing isn't it?"                         

My mouth was wide open.  A map that shows all the people, and secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts?  This was not possible.

"Look, there's Headmaster McGonagall walking on the main floor. Oh, I forgot to tell you.  To make sure no one reads it after you use it, tap it and say, 'mischief managed' and it will all disappear," Harry showed me.

"But Harry, why are you giving these things to me?  The cloak is probably really rare and the Marauder's Map is one of a kind," I explained.

"I'm giving you the cloak because it will probably come in handy, and James isn't old enough to use it yet so I thought you could have it for Hogwarts," Harry told me.  "And do you know why I gave you the Marauder's Map?"

"No," I answered.

"Because the original owners and makers were Moony, Wormtail, Prongs, and Padfoot. Padfoot was my Godfather, and one of your distant relatives, Sirius Black.  Wormtail was one of his best friends and betrayed my parents to the Dark Lord.  Prongs, was my dad, and Moony, was your dad, Remus Lupin," Harry explained.

Wow, my dad was "Moony".  He was my godfather's dad's best friend.  No way!

"Then that must mean that this is actually mine!" I deciphered.  I hope it was mine because then at least I would have another item, other than a picture, to commemorate my father.    

"Yes," Harry replied smiling.

I looked at the Marauders map again and told myself, this is going to be a good year.

Again.. i dont own Any Harry Potter stuff like characters, places, and terms. I DONT OWN IT.

Hope you guys luved tht! ill upload soon! tell ur friends bout this and dont 4get to comment vote and fann!!! Luv ya!♥

Less thn three Penelope♥