𝟔. 𝐏𝐈𝐗𝐈𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

"Why is it always me?" Neville asked from above us.

"We'll get you down Neville don't worry," Harry said.

"I wish I could stay but I have to go," I said the three.

"Where?" They asked at the same time.

"Bungee jumping." I said sarcastically, "I have to go finish up on an essay for Potions, I'll be in the library if you need me," I smiled and left.

I sat in the library for a while making my essay perfect because it was a lesson I enjoyed and didn't mind putting effort into. Someone set their things down in front of me, I looked up and saw a Hufflepuff boy, I immediately had a big grin on my face.

"Cedric," I put my quill down. Cedric is a fourth year and he's probably one of the friendliest people you could ever meet.

"It's been a while. How are you and how was your birthday?" He asked getting out some books, a quill, ink and parchment.

"I'm good and my birthday was good too, I'm surprised you remember," I smiled.

He opened his book and flicked a few pages, in the book there was loads of symbols, something I'd never seen before, "You're my friend. Of course I'm going to remember. I heard that you made the quidditch team, that sounds exciting." 

I nodded, "Snape offered me a position and Marcus Flint, the captain said that I'm actually really good so who knows," 

"Aren't you the only girl on the team?" He pointed at me with the end of his quill.

"Yep.  Youngest too." I popped the 'p'.

"You better be careful, and best believe that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines when you're not against Hufflepuff - you know I think I might go for seeker next year," 

"Why didn't you this year?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and let out  loud sigh looking through his book, "Ancient Runes, one of the most complicated things I just don't get the symbols, they all look the same." 

I smiled at him, "Can you read this," I handed him my essay and he took it.

"Of course I can, swelling solution, I remember doing this," He scanned his eyes over the parchment, "It's good but you should probably mention how the effects can be revered with a deflating draught," He suggested, handing back my essay.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that," I added a few lines to my essay, "We're being taught how to brew this later on in the year so I don't know why we had to do an essay on it now," 

"I was never good at Potions," He shook his head.

"Is there anything you are good at?" I laughed quietly.

He looked up pretending to think, "Mmmm no," He chuckled, "Oh and you changed your last name didn't you," 

I nodded, "Dumbledore said I should owl the Ministry for information on my biological parents," 

"Do you think Dumbledore knew?" 

"Oh yeah, definitely," I laughed.

"Why didn't he just tell you then?" I shrugged my shoulders, "Well what did Hermione say?" 

Cedric's never met or spoken to Hermione, he just knows of her through me, "Actually we haven't spoke about it,"

"Do you think she's upset?" 

"Maybe, anyway I need to go but I'll see you later Ced," I smiled, picking up my things.

He pouted at me, "Fine, but don't leave it too long!"

"I promise, see ya," I waved, walking off.

Walking around Hogwarts in the evening can only be two things. Either fun and adventurous or just really creepy and when your alone it's usually the second option. I was minding my own business until I began hearing whispers and hisses. I quickly turned around and saw no one behind me, I continued walking and the voices grew louder.

Kill... Kill... Come to me....

I quickly turned a corner and saw Ron polishing trophies, I let out a sigh of relief, "Ron,"

"Are you alright?" He looked at me. I nodded.

"Yeah I thought I heard voices but they were just you-"

"-What voices..." He stopped rubbing the trophy in his hands with a red cloth.

"Don't do that." I shook my head smiling.

"I'm serious Elle, I didn't hear anything," He put the trophy back where it belongs, "Anyway, Hermione's gonna be here in a second, then we'll find Harry," 

I nodded and watched him clean and pack things away, "Do you want help?" I offered.

He shook his, "No it's alright," He put a box of cleaning supplies back in the cupboard underneath the trophy cabinet, "See, all done." He smiled stepping over to me and lean against the wall.

"Ron?" A familiar voice called from up the hallway.

"Yeah, Elle's here too," He called back. Hermione did a little jog towards us.

Let me kill you... Let me rip you... Kill-

"-You're saying you can't hear that voice?!" I cried, they looked at me concerned, "We should find Harry," They agreed and lead the way, through the hallways. I repeatedly heard the voice and it just got louder and louder then we suddenly bumped into Harry.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Did you heart it?" He asked, sounding very distressed, "The voice! I heard it first in Lockhart's office and then again just..." He trailed off, "It's moving, I think it's going to kill." Harry ran off and we all followed closely behind.