Omake: Character Decks

Start from the beginning

Chabashira-sensei: Similar to Takanori-san's deck, Kawaguchi-san opts for a 6-2 split between his critical and front triggers. This keeps the opponent mindful about their guarding as the possibility of a front trigger still exists, which can create troublesome numbers to guard against if the opponent isn't prepared.

Grade 1
4x Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4x Crimson Lion Beast, Howell
4x Listener of Truth, Dindrane

Chabashira-sensei: Dindrane is important as she's the only source of countercharge in a very counterblast heavy deck. Gareth's +10k Power is helpful in hitting over triggers. Howell can create more attacks, which is Kawaguchi-san's main play style. He wants to continuously swing at the opponent with successive attacks, even if it costs him all his defence.

Grade 2
4x Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
4x Flame Wind Lion, Wonder Ezel

Chabashira-sensei: Consistency wise, having only eight grade 2s isn't good, but through mulligan and hard drawing, it's very likely you can find one to ride. Since Beaumains and Wonder Ezel exist purely to active the superior ride effect, Kawaguchi-san can afford to sacrifice the extra grade 2 slots for more utility units, such as Dindrane and Sagramore.

Grade 3
4x Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel (Avatar)
4x Raven-haired Ezel (Avatar Next)
2x Blazing Lion, Platina Ezel (True Stage)
3x Battlefield Storm, Sagramore

Chabashira-sensei: This maybe an excessive amount of grade 3s, but being able to double superior ride (or even triple superior ride if you're extremely lucky) when your opponent is on grade 1 is very powerful, as you can amass many Accel II gifts, which also give you a card to draw, get Twin Drive, and sit on a 12k base earlier. Going from Blond Ezel into Raven-haired Ezel gives you an extremely strong grade 3 turn, and on the next turn, you can ride into Platina Ezel to manipulate your triggers and gain more attacks. Sagramore helps fill out the field and can create more attacks if you call it mid-battle. Overall, the grade 3s are easily the strongest aspect of Kawaguchi-san's deck.

Consistency: B+
Power: A
Recovery: D-
Protection: E-
Versatility: D-
(35)

Chabashira-sensei: Kawaguchi-san's deck has a clear win condition, which is very important to consider while building any deck. The only problem with this deck is that it's extremely glass cannon, meaning it has a lot of power at the cost of being very fragile. As it puts everything into attacks, and nothing into defence, you can easily get knocked back by your opponent and have a hard time recovering on the next turn. It's a reckless play-style that, for better or worse, suits Kawaguchi-san's headfirst personality.

V-BD09: Spring of Dreams "Yogen Emica"
Imaginary Gift: Force I

Grade 0
1x Spring-Heralding Maiden, Ozu (Starter)
4x Flower Garden Maiden, Mylis (Critical/Sentinel)
4x Chestnut Bullet (Critical)
4x Night Queen Musketeer, Daniel (Critical)
4x Watering Elf (Heal)

Chabashira-sensei: Thanks to the new sentinel critical triggers, which have 30k shield, aggressive decks can now safely run twelve critical without sacrificing defence. As the main focus of Ahsha is the "Ahsha's Flower Fairy" tokens, you can easily increase their lethality by placing all critical triggers on vanguard, and have the tokens increase to the same power and critical as the vanguard.

Grade 1
4x Maiden of Sweet Berry
4x Budding Maiden, Diane
3x Valkyrie of Reclamation, Padmini

Chabashira-sensei: Maiden of Sweet Berry can pay for the cost of summoning a Ahsha's Flower Fairy token by herself, which makes her very efficient.

Grade 2
4x Blossoming Maiden, Cela
4x Osmanthus Maiden, Anelma
4x Arboros Dragon, Timber

Chabashira-sensei: Yogen-san's entire grade 2 line-up can call multiple Plant tokens, which make for good retire fodder or flooding the board with simple attackers. Riding Timber can even give you a strengthened Plant token, which have intercept and 10k power and shield.