Bedridden

Duncan pov

I looked around for a washcloth for Kim, she was running a fever, and wasn't feeling well. I rummaged through the cabinets until I found one, I ran it over to the sink and wet it with some cold water.

"Duncan..." I heard Kim call faintly from her room.

"Yes Kim?"

"Would you grab me a glass of water?" She asked

"Of course" I said walking over to grab her some water. After I got it I went into her room and placed it next to her on her nightstand. She was a mess, slightly pale, sweaty yet shivering, I felt horrible for her.

"Thank you..." she said softly

"Your welcome Kim." I said sitting next to her on the bed and I dabbed at her face with the wet rag softly. She closed her eyes and leaned into it.

"That feels nice." She said happily.

"I'm glad, do you need anything else, if you do feel free to ask."

"I'm okay, but thank you."

"Alright then, I'll let you get some rest." I started to get up when I felt her grab onto my sleeve.

"Wait, Duncan..." she looked away.

"What is it Kim?"

"Would you, nevermind." She said then changed her mind.

"Kim, what is it?" I asked again

"Nothing, it was stupid."

"Kim you know you can ask me for anything." I sat back down

"Well then, I was wondering if you would stay with me, but its a stupid idea. I don't want to get you sick too." She said starting to ramble on about why it was a stupid idea.

"Kim, I don't care if I get sick, I'll stay with you for as long as you want."

"But, wouldn't it be awkward, and I don't want to be a burden."

"You aren't Kim, and its only awkward if you make it awkward. " I smiled at her.

"Oh alright, but don't complain to me if you get sick." She slid over a little so I could lay down next to her.

"Oh I'll complain if I wanna." I said teasingly as I layed down beside her.

"You will not." She turned over to look at me and even though she was weak her eyes gave me a look that made me think she could probably still beat me up.

"Oh fine, maybe I won't, but only because your sick."

"Oi, no you don't! Don't you dare take pity on me!"

"You know I think I liked it more when you could hardly talk" I joked.

"Liar, you like my big mouth"

"Maybe just a little." I laughed and noticed we had gotten closer and closer as we were talking. Luckily the room was dark because if it weren't Kim would see how red I must be. I didn't know how Kim feels about me, but I love her with all my heart, she is a light in the dark for me, and I never want to lose her. She yawned and shuffled closer so we were touching and then she layed her head on my chest and snuggled into me. Poor girl must be insanely tired, I wrapped my arms around her slim figure and held her close.

"Duncan?" Oh no, was I not supposed to do that?

"Uh what is it Kim?" I asked a little nervously

"It's just, there's something I need to tell you." Wait could this mean, if so then I'm not letting her say it first!

"Wait, Kim, I have to tell you something first, I love you Kim." She looked up at me with happiness in her eyes.

"Really?" She said in a whisper

"Of course Kim, I love you so very much, and I need you with me."

"Oh Duncan!" She wrapped her arms around my neck, "I love you too, if I wasnt sick I could just kiss you right now!"

"Like I said I don't care if I get sick. " and I lifted her face up to mine and kissed her gently on the lips. I pulled away from her and she looked like she was in heaven.

"I love you Duncan" she said with more emphasis and meaning in her words.

"I love you too Kim" I said in the same way.