sᴇᴠᴇɴ ↬ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

"It's a joke, Ric. Lighten up," Elijah patted him on the shoulder, causing Isabella to giggle. "As for Ms. Rossi, she's in no danger with me," Elijah assured the vampire hunter, before leading Isabella to the car. As they were walking, Isabella glanced up at the Original with a teasing smirk.

"So, if you don't pursue younger women, it means you're interested in fossils like yourself?" She mocked. The Original just smirked down at her in amusement.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

After Jenna returned with the maps, the group explored a few more grounds as Alaric left not long after. Jenna and Elijah spoke more about the history of the old property lines as Isabella took more pictures. Isabella would listen intently to the dramatic stories Elijah would tell, while she would every so often add in her opinion and playfully tease him.

Jenna suggested lunch at the Grill, and Isabella instantly agreed, saying she could use an afternoon pick-me-up. Elijah and Isabella drove in the Original's car, with Jenna following them, parking in front of the Grill. The trio entered the restaurant searching for a place to sit when they spotted three familiar faces sitting in a booth.

"Hi," Damon waved at them, an arm wrapped around Andie's shoulders.

"Hey, guys," Jenna waved back with an enthusiastic smile as she made her way towards them, barely sparing Alaric a glance. Elijah politely smiled as he approached the table with Isabella.

"So, I heard you three had, uh, quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon spoke.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna replied, smiling as she glanced back up at Elijah, who smiled slightly and nodded.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I, uh, I've got papers to grade," Alaric threw money down on the table to pay for his meal, before sliding out of the booth and standing up.

"No, you know what? We should continue this," Andie spoke up, a thoughtful look on her face. "Let's have a dinner party!" she proposed enthusiastically, causing Isabella to raise an eyebrow. What a terrible idea. Isabella furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion, trying to figure out what Damon wanted to do.

Damon smirked. "Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas," he turned back to face Elijah, who did not seem at all impressed. "I'll be happy to host. Say tonight, maybe?"

"It's good for me. Jenna?" Andie asked.

"I don't know if tonight works──" Alaric began, only to be cut off by Jenna.

"Yeah, I'm free," Jenna nodded, finally glancing at Alaric with a smile. Alaric just gave her an annoyed look as he was now forced into a dinner party he had no desire to attend.

"It'd be a pleasure," Elijah shrugged, smiling politely. He glanced down at Isabella, keeping the same polite smile. "What do you say Isabella? Will you be there?"

"You should join us, sweetheart," Andie insisted, smiling at the young Rossi woman. "I'm sure you would enjoy it."

All eyes landed on Isabella, who felt a hand being gently placed on her lower back. Isabella glanced up to Elijah, her hazelnut orbs giving him a worried look. Elijah nodded his head in encouragement, giving her a look of reassurance.