sᴇᴠᴇɴ ↬ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

Jenna chuckled. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial."

"So true," Isabella nodded, rolling her eyes.

Elijah sighed. "Yes, they are," he agreed. They all landed their eyes on Alaric approaching the trio with a smile, basically proving their point. Isabella and Elijah both knew he was there because he didn't trust Elijah alone with Jenna.

Jenna was shocked, confused as to why Alaric was there, but she quickly composed herself. "Uh...Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman," she introduced.

"Yeah, I got your, uh, your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would, uh, tag along. You know, being a history buff and all," he chuckled, shrugging. Isabella noticed Jenna pursing her lips as her stance stiffened, and she knew the strawberry blonde clearly wasn't thrilled about Alaric's decision to 'tag along'.

He gave an unusual look to Isabella, who just raised an eyebrow. Alaric was surprised to see Isabella standing so close to Elijah, an arm looped with his. He heard from Damon, Elijah had taken a fondness for the young Rossi woman. At the moment, it seemed to Alaric the small girl had taken quite a fondness to the Original as well, and he didn't know what to make of it.

"Nice to see you, Isabella," Alaric smiled, but Isabella knew it was forced.

"Hi, Mr. Saltzman," Isabella returned with a small smile. They didn't know each other too well, seeing as though they never really spoke to each other or spent time together.

"Are you helping Jenna?" Alaric questioned her.

Why is it any of your business? Isabella glanced up at Elijah to see him giving her an amused smile. She returned it before glancing back at Alaric, who just seemed confused at the return between Isabella and Elijah. What was so funny?

"Yeah, she asked me to take pictures," Isabella carefully held the camera up, the strap hanging around her neck.

"Yeah, she took some impressive shots," Jenna complimented, nudging the small girl next to her. Isabella giggled, nudging Jenna back before glancing back up at Elijah, who was already watching her with a soft smile and admiration in his eyes.

"I see," Alaric nodded, before he moved on. "So, where to next?" He asked.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history," Elijah spoke.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec," Jenna excused herself before heading back to her car, leaving Isabella alone with the two men. Alaric watched Jenna walk away, and Elijah made sure she was far enough before he spoke up.

"Alaric Saltzman. You're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect," Elijah noted.

"So is Jenna," Alaric reminded him, "and Isabella."

"You don't have to be jealous," Elijah taunted. "I don't really pursue younger women," Elijah made a face, looking away for a moment, before facing Alaric with a smirk. Alaric eyes Isabella before meeting Elijah's gaze, causing him to smirk.