five.

the video johnathan was playing for her was hysterical, (y/n) was absolutely howling with laughter as she watched him try foreign candy and hang baby yuto, all while screaming and yelling with ominous music playing over the background. as the video ended, she tried to calm her blubbering, placing a hand on her chest and taking deep breaths.

"johnathan, that was the funniest thing i've seen in a while," she turned to look at him, a large smile on her face. he looked almost relieved at her smile and gave her a beaming one back.

"i'm glad, i'm glad," he leaned back in his chair, resting his arm on the back of her chair, "for the video, we really don't have to go so high energy though, i'm sure everyone would be happy if we made a simple minecraft video or something too,"

(y/n) looked up at him, thinking for a second. "wasn't there a trend of like 'oh i control this and they control that and we have to beat minecraft' or something a while ago? we could always try that if you think it'd do well,"

"i don't care too much about this video being done well, because if you wanna post videos and stream you can use this one--"

"are you saying i'm gonna have low quality content johnathan?"

"no, no, no!" he laughed at (y/n)'s faux upset face, watching her contort it and sniffle a couple of times as if she was crying. "but yes, i do think that'd be a good video to do on your channel. just make sure you don't use my first name please? i go by schlatt on the internet for privacy reasons," (y/n) agreed, saying she understood, "anyways, i call keyboard!"

the two of them scooted their chairs closer together, knees bumping together. she grumbled while grabbing the mouse, complaining jokingly that she wanted to be the keyboard. johnathan grabbed the mouse from her, going to open minecraft and his recording software. after starting the recording and opening minecraft, he passed the mouse back to her

"let's not even do an intro, let's just play," he tilted his head down at her, watching her nod and open a new world, "put it in hardcore, and then we can beat the ender dragon together!"

"you have too much faith in our abilities," she chuckled, facing a tree, "i need you to move schlatt, i can't get wood if you don't take me to a tree,"

"oh, don't worry baby, i'll show you wood,"

"schlatt, just walk to the tree!" (y/n) tried to talk through her laughter, johnathan busting out a calmer version of his online persona, and (y/n) trying out her own little persona. she wasn't being as crazy and loud as johnathan usually was, but rather also being a calmer person that shared his humor. after about 40 minutes of the two of them yelling at each other and trying to coordinate with each other, johnathan was throwing a fit.

"no, i'm not moving (y/n)," he yelled, taking his hands off the keyboard and crossing his arms, "i'm not moving until you say i'm the better minecraft player,"

"you don't even sprint! you just walk everywhere!" she reached for the keyboard to move herself and johnathan slapped her hand away while calling her a cheater, "i am NOT a cheater, schlatt," she dragged out the 't' sound, taking her hand off the mouse and throwing herself on his side. his arm automatically went around her, although the two quickly jumped apart again as johnathan's mother came into the room.

"(y/n), would you like to stay for dinner?" she smiled at the two, noticing how they refused to meet her eye, "oh? did i interrupt something?" her smile became more devious, her holding eye contact with her son for a little.

"actually i was gonna take him out to maybe get pizza or whatever he wanted to eat, but staying in to eat works as well!" his mother waved her off, tell them they could do whichever they wanted and to just let her know. with that, she was gone, and the two college students turned back to the computer, bright red faces, and continued playing.

once they got an hour of footage, johnathan decided to call it quits. 'too much footage would be bad to start off with' he told her, advising her to start small with the amount of stuff she had to work with. after that, the two decided to go out to a nearby chinese place to eat, and then johnathan would walk her home.

at the chinese restaurant, conversation flowed effortlessly between them and other patrons stared at them from the amount of giggles and 'no, stops!' that flew from the table. it was obvious they thought the two of them were on a date, but neither of them really minded, they were just having fun and eating some good chinese food.

after dinner, which (y/n) tried to pay for although johnathan, ever the gentleman, gave the cashier his card first, they started the short walk to (y/n)'s apartment building. she was sulking and refusing to look or talk to johnathan, and he was pleading her to talk to him.

"c'mon, it's not my fault you're a slowpoke," he laughed at her, flicking the side of her head and she swatted his hand. it was surprisingly late at night, the sun was setting on the horizon and the dark and cold was starting to set in. while she had checked the weather, (y/n) didn't expect to be out and about when it would get colder, so her bones were chilled.

a small shiver and johnathan was immediately taking off his own sweater, something about the korean institute of minnesota or something on it, and handing it to her. she tried to say no, but he instead grabbed her wrists and lifted her arms up to slide the sweater on her himself. it engulfed her, the sleeves going far past her own hands and the size of it overtaking her whole torse.

she had to admit, it was making her a bit flustered with how sweet he was being all day today. it almost felt like they were on a date, which she wouldn't mind at all, however, she didn't want to say anything to make him uncomfortable. once he got the sweater on her, he smiled down at her and turned to keep walking.

little did both of them know, the both of them were glad for the rosy sunset rays that hid their blush pretty well.

the finally reached (y/n)'s apartment building, her taking a step onto the first stair so she could be a closer height to johnathan, and him simply facing her. 

"hey, uh, (y/n)?" she hummed in response, johnathan reaching back to rub his neck quickly before looking back up at her, "could i--"

"you want your sweater back, don't you?" she reached for the hem, pushing up the sleeves a little so her fingers peeked through, but he stopped her.

"no, no, you can give it back to me some other time," he cleared his throat, clearly nervous about something, "i was wondering if i could take you out on a date sometime? like i could take you around my favorite places in new york or something because i know you haven't gotten to see much and-- and-- i dunno why i'm even asking, this is stupid, i'm sorry--"

"johnathan, i'd love to."