chimney

holiday lies, where to start, for anyone who still believes in the biggest holiday lie-santa-keep growing strong. now picture an 8 year old girl ecstatic that the holiday season had arrived,gifts, candy and a tradition i was raised into get a new dress for a big day. that year i was told a story about an enormous always happy old guy who loves children, he has a white beard, a red velvet suit and visits all the houses in the world giving children gifts and he was going to give me a present if i behaved.

"But mom you told me not to take gifts from people i dnt know especially old men." --ok remembering this now santa sounds like a pervert--

" his diffrent he rewards the good children and punishes the naughty."

"ill be good how do i get a present."

"be good, do some extra choas."--sneaky mom real sneaky

"does he use the train?"

"no rendiers."

"ha?"

"the're like horses, he delivers to all the children the night before."

"How does he carry them all wont he crash the horses becouse his big? Ho does he get into the house?"

"he get in chimney."

"So i won't get a present from him."

We didn't have a chimney, our windows had a metallic flower designs kind of like prison bars but fun i think so that my teenage sibling would not seek out but that ment santa wasnt coming in. so i did the most logical thing at the time. i went to all my neighbors and friends houses looking for one that had a chimney when id find one id walk in and ask if santa can leave my present there.