5 - Ya like jazz?

Start from the beginning

"Do… Do other people know about this?"

"Only Tori and my bro. They were the ones who saw me in that state the first time."

You bite your lip and let out a sympathetic hiss at his comment, remembering just who'd caught you and him in that position. If Alphys and Undyne really didn't know anything about his fear, then judging by the wide stares they were giving you while the skeleton sat on your lap, their point of view was clearly far different from yours. "What's wrong?" he asks, mirth returning to his voice.

"Remember when you sat on my lap?"

His face falls, tone straining, "Is remindin' me a way of you gettin' back at me for what I've done?"

You huff, lifting your arms in the air, a sudden burst of self defense. "I'm being serious here, Sans!" you exclaim, grimacing. "Alphys and Undyne... They saw us like that, so I was wondering if you already knew about it, too."

"What?" he asks, a subtle furrow showing on his skull. "Did they really see us?"

"Yes!" Your response is muffled by you covering your face in shame, face burning at the thought. "They… If they don't know about your condition, then they… They probably thought we were hitting it off on the couch!" With how hot your face feels, you're forced to let it go, directing a pointed gaze at Sans, who tries to ease you out with the gesture of his hands and a hush. You try to lower your volume, reminded about it by him. "They probably think we're dating now!"

"And what's so bad about that?"

"Everything!"

Frustrated, it takes a few breaths in and a few out for you to calm down, regaining composure when you remind yourself over what's more important currently. "I don't want neither of us to get carried away with that, so I'll just tell you this," you speak up, maintaining a calmer tone and looking at the skeleton right in his irises. You narrow your eyes at him, wanting the gravity of the situation to be known. "I used to be a married woman, and I waited two whole years of dating just to, well… be with my husband, only to then have him ditch me the second he found out I was pregnant." You pause in your words, feeling tears form in your eyes, embarrassment and sorrow both weighing the same. "If there's anything I need less of, it's romantic drama! I don't mind you flirting with me, but if any false rumor gets out about us, I... I really won't be able to forgive myself over it."

You pull your intensity away and back off. The more you talk, the more you realize this has nothing to do with the skeleton, aside from what transpired with the blackout. "What happened earlier was accidental, and I firmly acknowledge that. But if you're going to keep up this flirting charade with me, I'm gonna need to ask over one thing: don't spread false rumours about us." You wipe a tear off your face, looking away when you feel his gaze on your body, burning you. "I… I want to be a good mother figure for Frisk, so if I want that, I really can't be depicted as an easy prey. It was bad enough when my ex told his friends he'd knocked me out first try."

Huffing out your tension, you let your anger fall and panic lessen, offering a smile and a hand out to the skeleton when you're done. "Think we could both put this day behind us? I won't push further over what happened to you, but I… I expect the same kind of respect and treatment from you."

Sans takes your hand, completing the shake. "Ya really gotta ask, lady?" he says, a snicker leaving him. "Respect's somethin' that should be given right from the start, so long as the other person's showed it, too." He pulls his hand back, meeting with your eyes afterwards. "I may like teasin' and flirtin' around with you, but I still hold respect for who you are as a person, just as I hold respect for those mad thighs you've got over there."