𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖊

Start from the beginning

"F-F/n, I'm coming in," he hesitantly says before opening the door to see that you aren't there. When he walks in, he sees wet marks on the floor leading to your bathroom. He sighs and sets his stuff down before walking towards the bathroom door that is closed. He places his ear against the door and hears your sniffs. His heart breaks when he hears this. It's not like he hated you; in fact, he loved you. He just couldn't come to terms with himself and decided to tease you in order to have some sort of connection with you. His pride wouldn't let him come running back to you even though he was the one who mindlessly broke up with you in middle school and ruined your guys' friendship.

"F/n-chan," he calls out behind the door. When you hear his voice you freeze and start harshly wiping your eyes.

"W-what are you doing here?" you weakly ask while sniffing.

"Can I come in?"

"NO!"

"Please, F/n-chan?" Hirugami sighs, "I need to speak to you."

"I don't want to hear you say anything. Why are you even here?" you harshly ask while hugging your body that's sitting on the floor.

"I'm here because I need you to listen to what I have to say," he says while his head leans against the door. After a while of silence, Hirugami decides to open the door. When he opens it, he sees your body on the corner of the cold floor, hugging yourself. He immediately runs to you.

"What are you doing? You're going to get sick! Go take a shower and change," he worriedly says and touches your freezing shoulders.

"Get away from me" you try to push him off but he doesn't budge. He reaches for your cheeks and lifts then up for you to face him.

"No! Go take a shower right now!" he commands sternly as you stare in fright. He didn't show this side of him very often, so it was usually really scary when he did. You just frown and listen. He helps pull you up. Since your uniform is entirely wet, your bra is shown through your white button up. Hirugami blushes and looks away.

"I-I'll be waiting in your room, so just take a shower then come out!" he says and runs out. After 20 minutes, you finally finish and peek your head through the door.

"Hirugami, I need to change," you weakly say. He looks up and blushes.

"S-sorry! I'll wait on the balcony. Just knock when you're done," he looks away and runs out once again. After five minutes you finish and hesitate to open the door.

"Does he really deserve the opportunity to explain himself?" you ask yourself and sit on your bed. You think to yourself and realize that he even ditched volleyball practice to come here. That was something he would never do. The only time he ditch practice was when Maru-chan, his dog, was sick and taken to the animal's hospital. Otherwise, when he was sick or injured, he would still go to practice. You sigh.

"Why do I have to know him so well?" you ask and decide to open the door for him. Hirugami immediately turns around when he hears the door click open.

"F/n-" You just interrupt him by opening the door wider, signally for him to come in. Your eyes look as cold as ice. He sadly frowns at the sight but walks in and sits on your bed. You just follow and sit further away from him. It stays silent for a while; Hirugami gulps.

"F/n..." Hirugami hesitates but then shakes his head and puts a hand on his chest.

'I need to get rid of this useless pride!' He turns to face you and grabs your shoulder; this startles you.

"F/n, I'm sorry that I put you through all of this," he starts, "I really didn't mean for it to go this far and for this long. It's not your fault or anyone else's. My stupid pride wouldn't allow me to face my true feelings that I was trying to hide." You just continue to stare at the boy who is almost in tears.

"I love you," he whispers as your eyes widen, "I've loved you since you left at the end of middle school. I went through a whole depression phase during my first year of high school and near the end, got over it. But... But when you appeared again, the feeling of longing for you just came back. I couldn't just allow myself to helplessly run back to you and ask for forgiveness, so I decided to bully you as a way to still have some sort of reason to talk to you. I would get so jealous when I would see the whole team and Hoshiumi getting close to you that I let out my frustration and anger out on you. I'm sorry for being selfish and putting you through all of this. I'm not asking for forgiveness... but I want you to know how I feel before... you leave me..." You can feel his hands shaking on your shoulders as he looks down on the bed sheets.

"I don't want you to leave me again... but if that's what I deserve... then so be it," he confesses as his voice cracks. He hesitantly lets go of your shoulders and places them on the bed to rest. All of this information was new to you. You never knew this was how he felt. Throughout these two months, Hirugami gave you mixed signals. One day, he would totally tease and bully you. The next day, he would somehow be flirty and secretly help you with something. However, you knew him too well. Hirugami had a great quality of insecurity. He used to be very insecure about not being good enough in volleyball—a perfectionist. Seeing him act like this hurt you.

"Y-you... are the reason for my happiness and desire to go to school. You were also the one who helped me realize what my passions were... I wanted to somehow repay you but instead I hurt you," he says one last time before tears fall out of his eyes. You place a hand on his cheek and wipe the tears away. He looks up at you in shock. You just ignore his stares and continue wiping his tears.

"I didn't want to leave either," you say while your hands rest on his cheeks, "I didn't want to lose our friendship. That's why I kept trying with you because... I loved you too." His eyes widen at your confession and grab your hands.

"Why do you love me?" he insecurely asks. You give him a small smile.

"Because you're my best friend. You are the one I trust the most. You can easily make me laugh, you know how to make me feel better, you're a hard worker, and... your warmth is the best feeling," you confess and slightly blush. You bring your hands to your face and look down.

'Did I just say that?' Hirugami quickly grabs your hands again and brings them to his face. He rubs his cheeks against your knuckles.

"Your warmth is the best feeling too, F/n-chan," he looks at you as you blush even more. He suddenly brings you into a bear hug. You're in shock at first but the comfortable and familiar feeling comes back as you relax into his shoulder. You slowly return the hug by wrapping your arms around his waist. It feels a bit different now that he has grown more muscle, but it feels even warmer than ever. His scent is still the same since middle school... vanilla.

"Please don't leave me again, F/n-chan," Hirugami says into your hair. You nod.

"I won't, Hirugami."

"Sachiro... Call me, Sachiro, like you used to," he blushes and rubs his face deeper into your neck. You blush but obey.

"I won't leave you, Sachiro."

A/N:

Decided to post this one shot and publish it. Whenever I feel like I want to make it into a full story, I will do so. I just didn't want to leave this in my drafts forever, haha. Enjoy about our immovable wall. Let me know if you're interested in their full story or just a list of random one shots of haikyuu bebes 🥺💕

Written on: 15 May 2020
Word count: 2067