The New Princess

~Serenity~

The light shined through the window as I woke up in the morning.

It's been months since I became an official princess and I still can sleep in this bed forever. It's so nice.

I got out of bed and walked over to my wardrobe. Hanging in front of it was my outfit for the day, which as always was picked the night before.

After getting ready for the day, I heard a knock on my door.

"Enter," I said. And in came my best friend and handmaiden, Claire. She was my best friend from even before I was a princess.

"I brought you breakfast. You really need a sleep schedule." I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I can't help but sleep in! I just like this bed!"

"That's nice. But Serenity, you really have to get used to it. This life is not easy. Eventually you'll learn of the responsibilities, dangers, and-"

"Claire, maybe being my type of princess is different than being a Neolian."

"I guess we'll see because your first official public appearance is today and the dangers will sweep in like a... forget the simile part. I don't have the right words for that."

Claire then left so that I could eat my breakfast in peace...

But is she right about this whole princess thing?

I mean, she was born royalty and now she's not... well, she's not exactly playing the role...

I'm sure she's just thinking of strange Neolian precautions. That's all...

Wow, Crystal.

You start it off like that.

Well, I'll make this seem better next chapter.

Until then, people.

Bye!