Saving All My Love💝

Start from the beginning

Now back to when I said I was half lying to her about my business meeting. Well it's a business meeting but it's for my divorce. My lawyer called me earlier this morning, while Y/N was sleep, telling me that she needed to go over something pertaining to my divorce which left me confused because I thought we were in the phase of finalizing it but I guess I was wrong.

     This whole divorce thing is stressful and i try to keep the fact that I'm stressed or tired away from Y/N because I don't want it to affect our relationship but she knows when i'm not normal so she talks with me and listens to what I have to say about it because she's just that type of person. That's one of the things I love about her, her willingness to understand others even when she doesn't have to.

Y/N is a Software Developer at a very successful company and we met at an event when I was the face of a new project they were doing. You would think she came up to me but nope I was the one who approached her surprisingly.

     She actually didn't take my offer of going out on a date until the third time I asked because by then I wasn't working with the company. Of course I questioned why she wouldn't accept my offer the first two times and she said she didn't wanna mix business with pleasure and I understood that.

     Our first official date was at this random bowling alley she knew about and took me there and after we walked around just talking. Before then we would just have casual outing with our people from the company but nothing with just us two. The night I learned that she became a Software Developer because of her grandfather who taught her how to code and create programs when she was younger.

     Anyways enough about Y/N for a minute, I have to figure out what my lawyer is trying to discuss about the divorce. I pull into a parking spot of the firm my lawyer works at. I am sent right into her office by the receptionist.

     "Yes ma'am I understand. Alright then I will see you on Tuesday. Have a nice day. Okay now, bye bye." I walk in and hear Shannon, my lawyer, say and get off the phone. Then look up at me and motion for me to sit down.

     "Hey, how you doing Solange?" She asks me and reaches her hand out which I take and shake her hand.

     "I'm doing fine Shannon. How are you?" I ask her in return setting my purse in the other chair next to me before crossing my legs over each other.

"I'm doing alright, I'm sure you know how it is dealing with people who want to rush everything." She said to me making me laugh and think about Y/N because she has no patience at times and that's saying a lot for her since she has to develop things that take a while.

"Yeah I do trust me. But what was it that you needed to discuss with me because if I'm not mistaken I thought we were in the final stage of finalizing the divorce?" I ask her still confused on the situation at hand.

     "Well about that, umm Solange there's something I have to tell you." She said dropping the smile from her face and putting on a serious face making me worried.

     "You see we were in the final stages of the divorce but we're not anymore because..." She said pausing making me very anxious because I just know she's about to tell me some bullshit.

     "Because what Shannon? What happened?" I ask on the edge of my seat.

     "Because as of this morning...you're no longer married!!" She said yelling and standing up with a smile on her face. I didn't know what to do because I was shocked at the fact that the divorce was final and that I could finally be truly happy and done with this part of my life. I started crying and I didn't realize until Shannon was wrapping her arms around me wiping my tears.