𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

I've never felt such an idiotic feeling before and I never will.

"Sure," she casually whispered as she grabbed her eraser using her left arm, dropping it on his palm before he whisked back around to write down his notes. An idea that was both cruel and blasphemous popped into her mind due to her boredom of not being able to take notes unless she had trained her left hand to do everything for her. Closing an eye and pouting in an act of pity, she wiped off a fake tear with her left index finger as she sniffed. "I can't write anything anyway...sniff sniff, what a shame."

Twitch.

Twitch.

An amused snicker spread on the girl's lips from behind as she saw the two pairs of ears from the vice and head dorm leaders of Savanaclaw, thinking that they were the cause for her injury. As much as she knew about their determination to win, she could make out the irritated expressions on especially Ruggie's face. Them being good friends had backslashed the severity of the initial plan that the dorm had set out in order to injure most of the Magift players of this year; reducing the rate of injuries by a decent number.

Of course, Jack, Grim and Yuu had understood her true intention of acting like a victim; mentally reminding themselves about how superior she was in terms of her emotional but poisonous strength.

Grim rolled his eyes as he rested on Yuu's head, staring at Mira in utter disappointment. "It's amazing to see how far he goes with his acts..."

Yuu flashed Mira a look before recalling a question she was meant to ask ever since she had transferred to the academy. She leaned in and cupped the side of her mouth with a single hand, causing the seaweed-haired girl slightly incline from the hard seat that joined with everyone in the row. "That reminds me, Amir-san, why do you always cast some sort of magic on me every single morning ever since after my arrival?"

Mira eyed the teacher just in case he had caught them speaking, to her relief that he didn't; before back beside her in a bored and lifeless expression. "I'll talk about that later. This isn't really the right environment—"

"I expect you all to be ready by exam period, understood? Your rankings for the quiz from last week have been submitted on the board. Do check as you walk by." Mozus suddenly called with a loud voice, shaking the poor female back to her straightened posture. Feeling like the sudden increase of his volume was because of her, she flashed an innocent smile as her arm tapped on her textbook.

IS IT JUST ME OR AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS CALLED OUT FOR SPEAKING?

IS YUU JUST A PROFESSIONAL AT THIS?

Despite being decent at history and easily aiming for at least top 10 in the rankings, she wished that she could beat the Octavinelle members that had always settled themselves on the top row. In fact, the academy had been so used to seeing Octavinelle members on the list that they had called the first non-Octavinelle member as rank one instead.

Now that I recall...rank one should be me, right?

Uwaowie, look at me being Little Miss Cocky.

Her head perked up when she heard the familiar chime of the school bell, a dense bang that almost broke the many speakers on each wall of a room. Like other students, she jumped off her seat that joined the entire row in order to check their rankings for the exam. Of course, not many had gone to find their names like the more serious students did; making it easier for her to find her name instead of suffering from the towering heights of students. 

"Yuu, did you find your name yet?" Mira quickly asked, noticing that Yuu was slightly shorter than her by a few centimetres. The girl pursed her lips and nervously sighed, not finding her name so far.