A Night to Remember

Specks of blonde with pink, red, and brown hair tossed in the air. The sweet aroma of honeydew mixed with lavender filled the little scarlet Audi sports car. Cassie peeked outside to see the sky turning ruby red. She let out a quiet growl and rolled her eyes. Crocodile tears rolled down Cassie's face as she thought about the last two weeks. Was she ever good in Hayden's eyes? What did this girl have that Cassie did not have? The last three years had been the greatest thing that ever happened to her. Hayden made her forget her past and he made her feel like she mattered. Noah was the only other person that told her how great her worth was. Cassie smiled as she thought of her big brother. Four years ago, Noah suddenly disappeared and she had not seen him since. Since Cassie's birth, her family had been a mess. Her mother was always the talk of the town. People always said that her mom was a drunkard and Noah always fought with her probably something to do with her drinking problem. Noah never spoke ill of his mom, but instead, he ran away with Cassie and drove to somewhere far from Austin, Texas. Cassie had not seen her mother since that day and she had been here for eight years in this coastal city. Four years in the orphanage about a twenty-minute bike ride to the beach. Cassie had no other family, so she was surprised when Addison's family adopted her after her brother's disappearance. She wondered why they adopted her after only knowing her for six months.

Anyways, in the last four years, Cassie attended and hung out with her two best friends, Braelynn and Addison. The three of them went to the same high school and just got along so well.

"Hey Cassie, I am so excited for tonight. It is going to be the party of the year and you can forget about that loser. What a jerk!", Braelynn spoke as she gulped Vodka. She handed the flask to Cassie and urged Cassie to take some. Cassie grabbed the flask and gulped two big sips. Braelynn smiled back at her and flipped her hair quickly in a bun.

Braelynn came from a wealthy family that owned pretty much everything in Sandy Hills. Braelyn was a girl that would jump off cliffs or would go to parties every weekend. She was just the life of the party and always chill.

A peppermint whisp of freshness appeared in Cassie's senses. It was Addison, known as Addi. She was always the smart one. The one always studying and hanging out with her girls, Brae and Cassie. She wore the nerd mask well and just had everything going for her. During holidays, when Cassie could not stay at the Girls Prep Academy, she would stay with her adopted family, the Michaels. She had a cute boyfriend named Enzo, which she had just moved in with and both of them were attending MIT as engineers. Enzo also lived near the beach, which all three of them visited quite often with Brae's football boyfriend, Brice.

The girls noticed how the sun was setting and warmth of it shone in the girls' faces. Cassie flipped the back of her phone and there was a crinkled photo of a young teenage boy embracing a young girl. There were five powerful words. I love you little c. It was a nickname that Noah called Cassie when she was younger. Cassie smiled as she thought of that memory. She remembered crying for months after losing Noah and she just hoped that one day she would see him again.

A click from Brae's car signaled that the party was about to start and looked at her watch, which said it was 7:30. Brae and Addi were ready for the party of the year, but for some reason, Cassie had a sickening feeling that she would remember this party for the rest of her life. She did not know why but kept pushing the feeling away.

The girls rushed down to the party. There were a variety of kids from high school at this party from nerds to the popular kids. Brae and Brice were definitely a little too drunk in a corner laughing. Addi and Enzo were talking and playing games with some of the nerd kids. Cassie talked to some of the kids and grabbed a Pepsi. She always liked the taste of a fizzy drink, instead of sour vomit taste like beer. Beer was not her thing or cup for tea for sure.