Prologue

"Your majesty?"

The purple haired boy's head perked up, an almost noticeable glow in his lavender eyes at the voice. He had been sitting in the throne room all day, from sunrise to sunset, waiting for a certain someone to arrive like they had promised. He had been yearning for this day, hoping everything discussed months ago held true. And fortunately, it had.

It was exciting to say the least. In all honesty he wasn't very sure if the one he was about to see before him would return. But he did— he was there, so what was he waiting for? He jerked his head to face the entrance of throne room, his eyes landing on a familiar face he had been dying to see again.

"Amami?"

"Indeed. I promised I'd be back, didn't I?"

Kokichi hopped up from his throne, his feet taking control as he rushed forward to meet the other in an embrace. Once he did so, he was pleased to feel the taller's arms snake around him as well. "Woah, this is a warm welcome."

"Trust me, if anyone else was here, you wouldn't have gotten such a long hug," the king mumbled, An audible chuckle emitted from Rantaro who lifted the crown off the top of Kokichi's head and ruffled the king's hair. "Well, thank you. I didn't know if they'd let me back inside after last time so I snuck in through the garden," he exclaimed.

"Oh yeah! Shit man, they still haven't gotten over that! Especially Kaito and Miu!" Kokichi laughed, looking up at the other. Amami looked down with his usual stoned expression, content and carefree. "Okay, it was one time," he shot back, another chuckle escaping his lips.

Ouma sighed, shaking his head. "Dude, Miu was pissed! She spent, like, months on that boat! And even though I love seeing her misfortune, you really should've been more careful. And that's saying a lot coming from me," the king explained, poking the other's chest in a playful manor. "Yes, yes, I know. And I'm sorry!" Rantaro replied, twirling some of the purple strands of hair around his fingers.

The smaller sighed with a laugh, resting his head against Amami's chest. "I know. I'm just glad you're safe..." he said softly, his expression going more somber, "You could've gotten hurt! Did you see all the storms that came through here? We've had to replace three cottages, Rantaro— three cottages!" The green haired male tangled his fingers in the other's hair as to try and soothe him and planted a kiss on his forehead. "Yes, I was well aware of all the danger that I'd be going into, especially on open water. But I found something extraordinary!"

"Oh, and what might that be?" Kokichi asked, looking back up at the other with a cocked eyebrow. As soon as he asked, Rantaro's face changed from content to more so concerned. He lowered his voice to a whisper.

"I found another kingdom."

✿ ✿

Hope's Peak was seen as the ideal place for a kingdom. Flourishing fields, flowing rivers, abundant forests— all you needed was right there. The ocean was just outside the gates to the west, resulting in the very popular ports and docking grounds. To the east were mountains and valleys that went on for as far the eye could see. Plants bloomed from all over to give the whole kingdom a lovely, lively appearance.

The plants weren't the only thing that gave the kingdom life, though. It was the people who lived there that topped it off. The population had been booming and the villages were filled and prospering. Almost everyday ports were docked to the brim with boats of merchants and foreign visitors as well as fishermen and other villagers who had left the village for other reasons that vary.

The cottages were well built, something other kingdoms had admired considering how many people lived there. The royal family had done their best to keep all their people happy and cooperative, considering the queen saw that as the best way to run a kingdom— with people you can mold into what you want them to be. But she had a soft spot for those whom were less fortunate than her, considering she was indeed in their shoes once. But that's what marriage is for, right?