"Nice to meet you as well, Dorcas. Are you by any chance from Northern Europe?", Elaine answered, immediately feeling incredibly dumb.

Who asks someone if they are from Northern Europe after they introduce themselves with one single sentence?

"Uhh- yeah, I am actually. Well, my mum is. She grew up in the north of Sweden and moved to England for my dad", Dorcas answered, a slight hint of surprise in her voice.

"It must be beautiful up there", Elaine smiled, remembering the times she had visited Sweden before. "It absolutely is. In winter, there is just snow everywhere, and reindeers even come to the forest next to the house. And then in summer, everything is just full of flowers and the sun doesn't even set at all"

"Are you coming with us to Herbology, Savvy?", Sirius pulled her out of the conversation.

Looking up confused, Elaine realized that her entire Charms lesson had indeed been spent revising a few spells and then moving through the classroom. Packing her stuff up, she smiled at Dorcas. "I hope to catch you in some other lesson. It was nice meeting you, Dorcas." "Likewise", the brunette answered, giving Elaine a smile in return.

As Elaine turned to Sirius, she saw the rest of her group already standing at the door.

Making their way over to them, Elaine once again realized the scurrility of the whole situation. There she was, a Sauveur expected to follow in her families' footsteps, graduate from Beauxbatons and climb her way up in the French ministry.

Instead, she was a Hogwarts student, who was not only not sorted into the house most prestigious for housing pure-bloods, but now she had already found a group of people apparently caring enough for her to not be noisy about everything that had happened at Beauxbatons. These people were so kind, so accepting and overall sweet, that Elaine was unsure how exactly they were putting up with her.

As the group of Gryffindors made their way from the Charms classroom down to the greenhouses, Elaine found herself walking next to James, who was trying to charm Marlene walking a few metres in front of them.

"It is not nice to hex people who have their back turned on you, vous connaissez?", Elaine interrupted the Black-haired boy in whatever spell he was trying to hex on the poor girl.

Said boy turned to her, giving the French a 1000 watt smile that Elaine was sure left countless girls in the castle salivating after the troublemaker.

"And it's not nice to scold people in a language they don't understand, so I guess we're even, eh?", James answered cheekily.

"I did not scold you though?"

"Whatever you say, little Savvy", he grinned, pulling the smaller girl to his side. His former mischievous tone forgotten, he lowered his voice to say: "Just so you know, we may seem quite... insensitive at times, but if you want somebody to talk, we-", he gestured slightly to the three other marauders walking close by, "are always there to lend an open ear."

"Thank you.", Elaine replied sincerely, trying not to show the surprise in her voice.

"No probs. Now, if somebody bothers you, tell us as well. We would be furious to miss out on a chance to prank somebody"

After James heartfelt confession, Elaine's first day at Hogwarts continued quite uneventful. While Professor Sprout, a young professor teaching Herbology, had went quite easy on Elaine, Professor McGonagall had made sure to test the French's skill in Transfiguration. Both classes were shared between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, so Elaine was quite anxious what her last class of the day, Potions, that was shared with Slytherin, would bring.