O21: 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙈𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙨

a/n this is a very soft, chill chapter; I recommend listening to 'NIKI - la la lost you' as you read this. I did the same :) enjoy <3

— SUMMER'S ENDING NOW &
THE NIGHTS ARE COOLING DOWN !

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

saiki kusuo
A new Christmas came around. Another time to be lovey-dovey with your significant other, cheerful with your family, and crazy with your friends. Presents would be shared around, decorations would be placed everywhere, and a Santa hidden in every corner of the city. Of course, on the outside everyone was laughing with each other, and extremely happy. But you can't have light without a shadow.

Saiki made his way through the busy, bustling town, trying to get back home. He clutched a paper bag in his hand, staring down at it as he walked. 'This is good... Right...?' He buries the bottom half of his head into his hoodie, worried about the present he recently bought. Though Christmas was secretly depressing for most people, Saiki wanted to make the most of this holiday. Even from weeks before, this dilemma had been over, in and out of his head. 'She's not even here, I won't even get to see her in a while...' He huffed to himself, letting his arms fall by his side.

He passed by multiple couples, but most all thought the same, or similar things. 'Man... I'm so ticked.', 'I'm going to dump him, but I'm waiting until after I get my present to pick the timing.', 'The woman I really liked turn me down, this'll have to do.'. The psychic was disgusted with those thoughts, 'I wouldn't do that to her. Never.' He promised to himself.

To go further into detail, Saiki never really fell in love. Unless you could count coffee jelly, or a stuffed bear he really liked at age 6, he never found someone to share his heart with. I wasn't love at first sight with y/n, no. But she managed to grow on him faster and much more than anyone else could. Something he thought would always be impossible, was done by someone who isn't even human. 'Maybe angels just have that effect...' He told himself. The more he thought about her, the more painful it became. He knew he had to fight for her heart, as cliche as that sounded, he was willing to do it.

No one could make him feel as mushy, embarrassed and unsettled as she could. He couldn't tell if that was a good thing or not. To him, she was a gift, carefully crafted and presented by God himself. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Is this what it felt like when others fanboyed over Teruhashi? Saiki would admit she was attractive, but y/n made him feel like he was in a dream; one he never wanted to escape. Even if there were millions of words, there would not be enough to describe how she was, to him. How bittersweet it was that he could only admire from afar. Until then, Saiki was dedicated to make the feeling last.

These days, children and couples madly in love are just about the only ones who get excited about Christmas. So naturally, Saiki's parents who fall into both categories, got much more excited. Walking up to his house, he finally noticed the exterior being covered in lights. There was even a blowup Santa and reindeer on his roof. 'How are they gonna pay the electricity bill for that... It's like this every year at my house.' He made it to the door, but just as he touched the handle, he had an uneasy feeling.

"Welcome back Kuu-chan!" His mother was first to greet at the door, with a Santa hat on. She tried stretching her body out to cover the door frame, it was obvious she was hiding something. 'Who's behind you?' He asked, peering over her shoulder. Fixing up the sleeve of her dress, the flustered, h/c-hair coloured girl looked up with a furious blush on her cheeks. "M-Merry Christmas!" She laughed, holding her hands behind her back. "It was supposed to be a surprise!" Kurumi pouted, stepping to the side to fully reveal the girl, dressed up in a Santa-costumed themed dress.