Convincing my Love

Start from the beginning

I went to my closet and took my blazer out. I rested it on the bed and took my remote. I opened the door and said to Urvashi, "Shall we?" She glared at me and stood up. She walked out the room and I left with her. Walking aside her, she stopped at the top of the stairs and said, "You go first. If your grandmother sees us together, she will become suspicious." I smiled and walked down alone. She walked a little distance behind me. I shook my head. I went and sat at the table and she went and stood next to Janki. They both began whispering to each other. I turned around and looked at her with a smile. I got up and walked to her. Reaching her, she looked at me confused and I smiled. I held her hand and brought her back to the table. She came with me reluctantly and stood with me at the table feeling embarrassed. I pulled out the chair next to mine and said to her, "Sit." She looked at me shocked and then her eyes went to Daadi at the head of the table. I looked at her looking at Urvashi infuriated. Mom was also annoyed. I looked back at Urvashi and said to her, "You are my wife Urvashi. Your place is not away from, but with the family, sitting and having breakfast together. Sit down." I went behind her and held her shoulders. I pushed down on the chair gently and she sat down nervously. I sat next to her and served her some of the food. "Eat well because you have to take your medicines," I said to her. Her eyes went down and didn't look up. I looked at her hand on her lap. Seemed like she was feeling awkward to eat with the family for the first time. I smiled and took up a morsel of food and carried it to her mouth. She looked at me but didn't open her mouth to eat it. "Eat it Urvashi," I said. "Come on Urvashi, eat," Sadhna said sweetly. She ate it from me slowly and I smiled. Daadi got up from the table annoyed and said, "I am finished. You all continue." She left. Mom and Sacha also got up and left from there. Urvashi looked sad. I took another morsel of food and was about to feed her when she got up and ran away from the table. Why is she so stubborn?

I also got up and followed her to her old room where she sat on the trunk and wept. I walked to her and sat behind her on the trunk. "What happened? Why did you leave from the table in this manner?" I asked. "Don't act innocent Yash. You knew how much your grandmother and Mom must have been hurt by your actions. Why did you do that?" she said crying. I got up and went and sat in front of her. Cupping her face and wiping her tears, I said softly, "Hey, I didn't want to hurt you. I told Daadi that you are my wife since yesterday. She knows the entire truth now." She raised her tear filled eyes to me and said, "I am not your wife Yash, I divorced you." "How many times will you say this? I told you already, I am still your husband because divorce doesn't happen with one person alone," I said to her. She stood up and stepping back, she said, "Why do you keep saying that? You signed the papers, I did, so we are divorced." "Why don't you take a look at the papers then?" I said. She went and got the papers and looked at them. Her eyes showed her shock and I stood up with a smile. "How is this possible? You signed the papers yourself in front of me!" she said in disbelief. I smiled and said, "Yes I did." Pushing my hand inside my pocket, I took out my pen and said, showing it to her, "With this." "Do you want me to sign them again?" I asked. She gave me the papers and I took them. I signed them again. I gave them back to her and she looked at them. "Now shall we go?" I asked her. "Where?" she asked. "I told you already that you have to go and see the doctor today," I said. She looked at me annoyed and said, "I am not going." "Listen Urvashi, if you don't come with me willingly, I can carry you another way," I said. "How? Will you carry me forcefully?" she asked. I looked at her silently. "Why are you quiet Yash? Answer me? Prove again that you can only force people to do what you want. Force them to marry you, force them to be a servant in your house, force them to remain in your room, force them to obey you?" she said. I gritted my teeth and took her up in my arms.

She looked at me taken aback for a while and said, "Put me down!" "I will leave you when we reach in the hospital," I said. "Yash, this is not funny! Put me down!" she said. She began to try and come out of my arms but my grip was too strong. She still didn't give up though. She kept hitting my back but I was adamant. I walked out of the room with her, ignoring all of her pleas. "If you are stubborn, then I am more. I am not letting you go. You are coming with me to the doctor and that is final!" I said walking through the corridors. We reached the hall where Daadi, Mom and Sacha were sitting. They all looked to our direction and was shocked. Sacha looked angry seeing us in the position we were in. Mom and Daadi held a straight face. Urvashi saw them and even more began to demand that I put her down. Urvashi dropped her eyes and remained silent in my arms once reached the main area. I stood with her in my arms and said to them, "Mom, Daadi, I am going to the hospital with Urvashi for the doctor's appointment. I will back soon." Saying that, I began to walk towards the door. "Don't you have an empire to run?" Daadi said stopping me. I turned around and said, "I have Daadi, but what is the use of an empire if I don't take care of the people I run it for. What is the use of having all the millions of dollars if I can't spend it to take care of my wife's health. I love my work. I love my company. And I love my wife." I looked at Urvashi with the last sentence. She looked at me surprised at my words and remained silent. I turned around and walked out of the house with her. She didn't object to I holding her anymore and remained silent. I placed her inside the car and closed the door. I went to the driver's seat and drove off. She remained silent. She didn't say anything again. While driving, I looked at her now and then. She looked out the window lost in her thoughts. "Are you alright?" I asked after a while. She only nodded. I drove to the hospital quietly and upon reaching there, I opened the door for her. I held my hand out for her support but she didn't hold on to it.