"I think I know your size by now. Go ahead." He nodded at the cashier who picked it up hesitantly.

"And I SAID," she snatched it right out of the girl's hand and set it further down the counter. "It's the wrong... size... DEAR!"

"I-I'll just set this aside." The poor girl didn't know what to do at this point but it was obvious these two were having a squabble about something unrelated to lingerie.

Emma paid for her things, spun around and left the store as fast as she could, hoping to lose herself in the crowd of shoppers before Ethan could catch up to her. And for a few blissful minutes, she really thought she'd lost him... until he sat down next to her on the bench near the entrance of the mall.

"Why do you insist on following me?"

"I thought it was obvious."

"I hate you."

"I hate you too, Chamberlain, but why let that little emotion come between us now?"

"I'm leaving." She went to get up but sat right back down as soon he stated the obvious.

"I'll just follow you, Emma, so why run?"

"Did your military training include Special Ops in Stalking? Because you're seriously bordering on harassment here."

"Even if you hid from me," he tapped his nose twice. "I could track your scent from a mile away."

"God! Why don't you just club me over the head and drag me by my hair to your cave and get it over with?"

"Is that an invitation?"

She sighed, crossed her arms and turned away from him.

"Awwww, you gonna ignore me now?"

"I'm waiting for someone to show up so would you PLEASE... go away." It wasn't true but if it worked then it was worth lying about.

"Really?" It surprised him a moment before he became suspicious. "Who?" Better not be a guy, he thought.

"None of your business."

"Anyone I know?"

She ignored him.

"It's not like I care, so you might as well just tell me." It was killing him that she wouldn't speak and he became more jealous by the second wondering if it might just be another man.

She still wouldn't respond.

"Why can't you at least talk to me?" He pouted.

"Hmmm, let's examine the long list of reasons shall we?" She looked him dead in the eyes, ignored how handsome he looked and used the opportunity to remind herself of all the reasons why she wasn't kissing the gorgeous bottom lip that was sticking out at her right now, teasing her, taunting her. "Maybe because nothing nice ever seems to come out of your mouth? And-I-hate-you. Because you've been nothing but an ass to me since the day we met and it hasn't changed? And-I-hate-you. Because you act like it would be some sort of honor for me to sleep with you again. And-I-hate-you. You're self-centered, egotistical, cocky, arrogant and oh, did I mention because I hate you?"

"Four times now," he said with a dead-panned face before sighing and licking his lips. "It's not like I'm draggin' you through the mud anymore. That's all in the past now, so what's your problem?"

"Don't act like you wouldn't if you had the chance because you would in a heartbeat. And MY problem? My problem is that I'm not the type to repeat mistakes. And sleeping with you was a mistake. YOU'RE the one who has a problem with it, not me."