Chapter One: Mistakes

Most Protogens were smart. No, not just smart, they were genius! They could solve complex equations, build giant buildings and even explore space! They weren't just robots like people used to say, they had fur, skin, and even a mind and emotions. But...if protogens were so smart and amazing like everyone said, then why. The heck. Did one of the LAND CRAWLERS almost CRUSH doctor Tantos?!

That's what Gigabyte wanted to know, and apparently, so did the scientist who was almost squashed into a human pancake. But because Gigabyte was the one in the room with the scientist, he got all the blame. That was why he was now walking down an infuriatingly long meatal hallway with two very grouchy looking guards.

He didn't know where they were taking him, or how long he would be stuck there, but he had a theory that it involved jail, just the thought of it made needles of fear prickle under his skin, being trapped in a small dark room with nothing to do but count how many specks of dust there are on the floor. He looked at the ground glumly,

getting punished for something I never did... Gigabyte's mind swirled with all the things he would never accomplish, how many former inmates get the"Protogen Of The Month" award? Would he ever be allowed to work again? Would they just retire him to the kitchens?! It was one worry to the next until the guards stopped at a large doorway, one of the guards shoved him in with a futuristic spear.

Gigabyte recognized the space he was in as a ship, but not like the ones he did repairs on, this ship was equipped with weapons and security measures of all sorts.

To add to the sinister look, there were three unescapable looking cages built into the wall, all with cameras and lasers that could sense the smallest movement from any creature. He squeaked in surprise as a guard pushed him into one of the cells, tapped a few buttons on a control pad and closed the door.

Gigabyte waited a few minutes before pushing his visor up against the bars of the cell, hoping to know if there were any other prisoners waiting to go to who knows where, but before he could get a good look, a brown protogen with a green visor walked through the door.

Gigabyte jumped back as the new protogen's long tail nearly hit his visor, the protogen who was responsible for this snapped his head toward Gigabyte, he looked like he was about to apologize before remembering that prisoners were here for a reason, and they probably deserved a smack. That thought made Gigabyte even sadder, he had never considered how the other protogens would look at him when he got back from wherever these people were taking him. Gigabyte was woken from his thoughts by the loud slam of the door closing,

"Buckle up!" a voice called from the front of the ship, which Gigabyte assumed belonged to the protogen from before

So he's a pilot... Gigabyte thought as he sat down on a ledge jutting out of the wall. the ship lurched forward, and they were on their way.

* * *

The ship had been flying through space for about forty minutes, according to Gigabyte's sense of time and it was awfully quiet. He had calmed down a bit since it had taken off and was no longer panicking about going to prison, he was, in fact, a bit bored. He stood up, looked out of the bars, and surveyed the room. Nope, no guards or other prisoners, only the pilot.

"I'm going to jail right?" Gigabyte asked. Everything was quiet until a quiet "yup" could be heard from the front

"Okay, I just wanted to be sure because you know, the guards don't really tell you these things," Gigabyte said quickly

"Okay," the pilot responded, and everything was silent again.

As time passed, Gigabyte found himself getting sleepy, and the closest thing to a bed was the small ledge in his cell. He sighed and lay down on the ledge, making sure to tuck his tail onto the ledge with him before he closed his eyes, and fell asleep.