Cody

Cody was the next to be eliminated. Apparently during a challenge in the forest he was mauled by a bear, so after leaving the island, he was sent to the infirmary in the playa. I knew a few others had gone to see him, to see if he was doing okay or whatever. But not me. I wasn't ready to see him yet.

I hadn't gone down to the pool today either. I didn't feel like it. I knew that when Cody left the infirmary, we would have to talk to each other sometime. After a few minutes of thinking, I got up off of my bed and walked down to the infirmary to see Cody. When I arrived, I saw Cody lying on a bed, covered in bandages. He was either sleeping, laying down very still, or dead. Lets hope its not the latter.

"Cody?" I whispered.

He turned his head and his teal eyes lit up when he saw me. "Noah! Hi! How are you?"

I walked over to him and pulled up a chair, sitting beside him. "I should be asking you the same question. What happened to you."

Cody sighed. "Oh you know, getting mauled by a bear, being laughed at by Gwen and getting voted off the island. Normal everyday things." He shrugged, but winced. Clearly he was in a lot of pain.

"Well, uh. I'm sorry to hear that. Can I do anything to help?" I asked. Cody was silent for a moment. "I'd actually love to take a shower. I haven't been able to since I got to the island. It's awful."

I chuckled. For some reason, Cody made me happy. His child-like mannerisms, yet being mature at the same time, his tooth gap, his chestnut brown hair...

"Sure. Can you get up?" I asked, standing, ready to help him.

Cody sat up. "I can try. I might need a bit of help though."

I nodded. "That can be arranged."

I helped Cody swing his legs over the side of his cot. His face twisted in pain, but he didn't make a sound.

"Did I hurt you?" I asked. He shook his head.

You're lying.

"Okay good."

I helped him to his feet and let him lean on me while we made our way into the other room, where the showers where. Still leaning on my shoulder, Cody fumbled while taking his shirt off, and that's when I noticed how skinny and fragile the little guy actually was. You could practically see his skeleton through his skin. It made me sad. Even I wasn't that skinny, and that's saying something.

"Can you help me get these bandages off?" Cody asked. I nodded.

"Sure."

I began to rip off a long bandage on his chest, trying not to hurt him in the process. It fell off, revealing a nasty cut, with tried blood around the edges. I held back a gasp, but Cody noticed.

"I know. It looks like shit."

I bit my lip. "Don't get any soap in there, got it?"

Cody nodded. I helped him tear off the rest of the bandages, and made sure there where no murderers behind the shower curtains, but then I left him alone, returning to my spot in the infirmary. I heard the water turn on, and Cody yelp. Throughout his shower he yelped a few more times, and I could only guess that he had ignored what I said and tried to wash the wounds, or it was just a mistake.

About fifteen minutes later, Cody came back to the main room, his wet hair sticking to his head. It was cute, to be honest.

"You feeling okay?" I asked.

Cody smiled. "Better than ever. Thanks Noah. You've been a big help."

I stood up. "I'm happy to help. I better head out now. Tyler's having a BBQ on the pool deck. I can bring you something if you want."

"Yes please! Surprise me." Cody said. I nodded.

"For sure buddy."