Memories part 1

A/n this set after Dark Desire

It had not been a whole month since Gellert Grindelwald had married the love of his Y/n L/n,and he had once again been made single. No he was not divorced, nor was Y/n dead,she is alive,but had one major problem she had no memory including that of her husband.

Y/n,Gellert and a few others had been recruiting new followers,when Aurors had attacked and Y/n had been hit with a spell,sending her flying into a wall and knocking her out cold. Gellert had left his followers to deal with the Aurors,while he got Y/n out of there,once back at home the nurse had done her work and shortly after Y/n was awake,but had no memory of anything.

She knew her name and the year and that she was a witch,but that was it. She knew nothing of Nurmengard,Queenie,Credence,her brother or Gellert. And that broke him,he would not admit it or let anyone see but he was broken and hurt. His own wife did not know him and did not love him.

The nurse had said that they could not give Y/n to much information at once as it would do more harm than good. The only things they had told her was where was who they are and what they were trying to achieve. But the one thing Gellert wanted you to know,was the one thing he could not tell you. That you were Y/n Grindelwald, his wife and he loved you more than anything in the world.

Even though he had to carry on with the Greater Good as normal,the one thing he feared was his wife,falling in love with another. Y/n however was unaware of the pain Gellert was in but she had noticed.

You and Queenie had been giving Grindelwald your weekly update on your progress,you had watched the dark wizard and had noticed their is a lot of sadness in his mismatched eyes. You had asked Queenie about it and she had said it was about his wife. He never spoke about his wife and his followers always changed the subject. You didn't know why though,was she dead,missing,were they separated. You wanted to ask Gellert about her,but were unsure if he would tell you. He is nice to you, but closed off as well.

You missed the way Gellert watched you leave his office,with a longing look in his eyes,Queenie wanted to say something but did not know what to say,she hoped for his sake that you would remember what he is to you and soon.

You are heading to your shared room with your brother when a man called Callum approaches you
"Hi beautiful, care for company" he asks you, as he stands in your way
"I prefer the company of books to stupid men" you tell him
"You're just not around the..." Callum begins,but trails off,as he looks over your shoulder at the angry man behind you"You know what I have...a...thing"Callum turns and runs,almost falling over his own feet
"Loser" you say,and turn around only to walk into something hard but soft and fall over.

You look up and see you had walked right into Gellert Grindelwald himself
"Sorry sir" you say,he surprised you by offering his hand to you. You hesitantly take it,he pulls you up and asks
"Are you hurt?"
"No sir,I'm fine" you tell him,you are stood extremely close to him,he is still holding your hand. Gellert watched as you studied your hand that is held by his. It felt strangely familiar to you,and when you had touched his hand,a warm feeling had spread threw your whole body.

"Y/n" Gellert says quietly,you look up into his mismatched eyes"You can call me Gellert"he says,for some reason,he appeared to be leaning towards you, the moment was ruined by Abernethy coming round the corner. You let go of Gellert's hand and step back saying
"Um...thanks for helping me up" and you almost ran to the kitchen.

Once safely in the kitchen, you got your self a cold drink of water
"You okay,honey" Queenie asks you
"Yeah...I'm good" you say
"You looked flustered" Queenie says,moving to stand beside you
"I had an encounter with Gellert"
"Gellert?" You explain to Queenie what had happened
"When I looked into his eyes,my stomach felt all funny and when it looked like he was going to kiss me,my whole body felt like it was on fire"
"Then what happened?" Queenie asks
"Abernethy" you say,you miss Queenie's excitement "I shouldn't feel like this around Gellert,he's married."