CHAPTER III

'cause i'm in a field of dandelions, wishing on every one that you'll be mine,

[ This chapter is dedicated to Snapeswhoreecrux, she's awesome :) couldn't find you lol, looks like you changed your username ]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(Y/N) squints her eyes as she scrutinised her drawing, it wasn't done but it was turning out nicely, she heard a pair of heavy footsteps head toward her, she craned her head to see the person — most likely a man — expecting Thomas, but, to her surprise, it was Colonel Brandon.

She stood up, her pencil and sketchbook in one hand, and the other smoothed out her dress, curtsying in greeting and he bowed, taking off his hat, "Colonel Brandon." She breathed, "What are you—" She cleared her throat, "What are you doing here?"

"Miss (Y/N)," He greeted, with a small grin, (Y/N) blushed, "Oh. Good Morning, Colonel," She smiles, slightly embarrassed that she forgot her manners.

"Your sister had asked me to look for you," he said, with a slight cock of his head, looking curious. (Y/N) sighed and sat back down on the grass, Colonel Brandon crouched beside her, "Is there something wrong, Miss (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) worried her lower lip, and without thinking — or so it seemed — Colonel Brandon freed the lip with his hand, upon realizing what he'd done, he immediately withdrew his hand, "Forgive me," he muttered, looking abashed. Cute, she thought, smiling secretly.

"It's alright," She replied, a faint blush coating her cheeks, "No, there is nothing wrong." She fiddled with her dress, "I would like to stay away from the cottage just for a little while longer."

"I see," Colonel Brandon said, and settled beside her, "What are you doing now?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow, "Keeping you company," he replied, giving her another tiny grin, "I promised your sister I'd bring you home,"

(Y/N) nodded and returned to her drawing, a little apprehensive being seen alone with a man, but there were a few people who had a clear view of them, so they wouldn't be that alone, besides, Colonel Brandon could be trusted, he had an air of tenderness.

"Beautiful," whispered Brandon, so quietly, that she almost didn't hear, (Y/N) smiled and looked up to see Brandon looking at her — not at her drawing as she had expected. She blushed, and focused back on her drawing, a while later she felt Brandon's gaze shift from her, she peeked up from her sketch, and saw him staring at the lake thoughtfully.

Finished with her landscape, she tapped the end of her pencil on a blank page, looking around to see something else she could draw, her eyes landed on Colonel Brandon, who was still staring at the lake, deep in thought, "Colonel Brandon, will you allow me to draw you?" She asked quietly, Brandon nodded, "Mmm." He agreed, distractedly.

(Y/N) began to sketch the Colonel, taking in every detail of his face, from his expressive eyebrows to his aquiline nose — that looked rather big, but it didn't seem to bother her, it suited him —  (Y/N)'s practised hand skillfully moved across the page, as she stared at the Colonel, her thoughts drifted to Mrs. Jennings' attempt to "push the Colonel to court Marianne" and Brandon's comment earlier, perhaps the man was just being chivalrous, his affections, clearly, lay with Marianne. (Y/N) figured she didn't stand a chance.