Prolouge

Theatre

The world is our stage.
And all man has to act seven ages.

The applause from the people is deafening, they cheer as the host calls the actors for the curtain call. I peeked behind the red drape that covers the backstage. The stage lights are blinding that I have to squint my eyes to see clearly. I stood up straight and took a deep breath. You got what you wanted. I sighed when I remembered something. No clinging to the past now Vina, I reminded myself and shook the thought off my head. Pagkatapos ng host ay sinenyasan ako ng stage manager. This is my cue, at lumabas na ako ng backstage kasabay ang iba pang actors.

The theatre is full, halos walang bakanteng espasyo. The sea of people in front of me is just like how I pictured it to be. The moment is surreal but I don't feel anything. What are you thinking Divinagracia! I smile to hide the dissapointment I have for myself. Napasinghap ako and then I take a bow.

The host is back at ibinaling ko ngayon ang buong atensyon sa box ng theatre, iilan lang ang nandito because the seats are limited kaya may kamahalan ang presyo.

I raised my arm to wave pero hindi rin natuloy dahil nagulat sa nakita! Wearing his black slacks and a white long sleeves na nakatupi hanggag siko, Jao is standing arrogantly on the upper left side of the box hands on his pockets and looking directly at me with his snob and smug face. Hindi iyon dapat nandito! OH MY GOD! He's with a woman?! The surprised look on my face must be so evident it made him smirk and raise an eyebrow at me like he's throwing a question. Umirap ako, naiinis. The audacity of this brute to come here with someone. Ugh! Umiwas ako ng tingin.

Nasa stage parin kami, the host commented something on the play that made everyone clapped. Nabuhay uli ang ingay. Then after, he ended the event with a qoute from shakespeare.

The curtain finally closed.My heart starts hammering in my chest. I muttered a curse.

_________________________________________