-

Cordelia studied your face from the kitchen where Billie and her were trying to prepare the snacks, "She's young." The witch commented sparing her friend a glance as she took the baked cookies out of the oven.

"She is." Billie mindlessly answered the blonde as she put another batch of cookie dough inside the oven. "The girl is sweet and tender at heart." Another comment in which Billie merely hummed along, eyes were now searching for you.

Cordelia let the cookie cool down, she walked to Billie and leaned over the counter "How long will you keep doing this, Billie Dean?" Cordelia said in a subtle yet exasperated way knowing her friend all too well.

The other merely rolled her eyes at her friend while poking the cookie with her fingertip. Cordelia frowned swatting away Billie's hand with a scowl on her face.

"Don't be offended but I care for the girl more than I do for you. You can handle yourself but I don't think she can." Cordelia wasn't wrong.

Billie forced herself to meet Delia's scolding eyes, "Delia..." she trailed off in her lowest tone as if begging the woman not to start, too late for that though.

"Billie Dean, all I'm saying you should look closer, you're smarter and I believe you can do better. If you're not fully interested with the girl, stop this nonsense she doesn't deserve this and you know it."

Didn't take a beat for Billie to answer, "What if I am." Cordelia sighed heavily and so did Billie Dean realizing what she said. It was at the heat of the moment, she voiced it out faster than she could comprehend the thoughts.

"Then you do it the right way Billie Dean. Divorce William. Stop hiding her in the shadow of your marriage. We both know William's an asshole, he cheated on you; caught him red-handed for heaven's sake. What more of an evidence could you possibly want?" Cordelia's head was a boiling tea pot, won't be long until Billie would get all the scolding the woman knew her friend needed.

"It's not easy Delia, the last thing I need is William taking his own life to fucking haunt me the rest of my life. You wouldn't want that either I suppose." She exclaimed as she perfectly she remembered the time when William threatened her that he will commit suicide if Billie leaves him.

Billie didn't want to be responsible for her husband's death, it would eat her alive and she was sure William would add up to the long list of souls that walked amongst the living who couldn't find their inner peace, he would haunt her and that was the last thing she wanted. To be haunted by her husband.

William did try committing suicide once. They had this huge fight after the awarding ceremony they attended where in Billie caught him red-handed. William was having sex in the bathroom with his colleague and worst part was everyone he worked with knew about it and no one dared to tell Billie, they all went behind her back.

Billie didn't know how she was supposed to feel after that, she just blacked out. The next she knew she was packing her clothes and William came rushing in, stopping her, begging the woman to his knees to not leave him as his tears poured down his cheeks, completely putting on a good show. Clearly, William was nothing without Billie Dean. She was the reason why he became a lawyer. She helped him. They were the perfect college sweetheart.

Billie was determined to file for divorce after that, she was crushed to the bones, everyone betrayed her. She felt like an idiot for ignoring all the red flags. So she left but then not after an hour she received a phone call, a woman hysterically crying over the phone telling Billie to come over to a hospital where in William was admitted. The woman was their maid, she found him out cold in the couple's bed with foam oozing out of his mouth.