Surprise

Amelie P.O.V

The Founders Ball was always taken with everyone from Morganville with the highest honour, the ball would always run perfectly. The only exception was last year when my beloved Samuel proposed to me. It was a magical evening. The medelsome foursome, also known as The Glass House Gang stayed got themselves into a brawl aswell.

Flashback...

The ball was set for a 1920's theme, Founders Hall was set with chandeliers on the celing, the walls were painted a cream biege, the wooden floor was polished for the dance, every table covered in a white cloth, and a black and red rose in every vase. The band was a nice clasicall one, not like the "new" band were they just try to play any instument and start schreeching into the microphone and the children of this time seem to call it music. It was half an hour before the ball to begin, myself, Sam, Oliver, Claire, and Myrnin were all here. The Danvers child was only here due to Myrnin persistanly begging me to allow them to come for their new "relationship" I agreed due to him saying he will not bother me with his petty issues for a whole day. In one day that fool can pester me over 1,200 times. To most he would be called a pedophile, but since I have known him since 1067 I have gotten used to his quriks over the years.  Myrnin looked like he could fit in at the ball, he was wearing something Claire most likely picked out; a nice black tuxedo, navy blue waistcoat with silver embroidery thread, a navy blue tie, and a white shirt with the top button undone. I walked over to him and smiled, he took me into a friendly embrace. The Danvers child looked at me with a strange look, I still do not understand the children of this era given the clothes and looks they give us now.

'Myrnin,' I greeted him with a warm smile as we broke from our embrace, he looked at me and put a strand piece of my blonde hair behind me ear, his hair was actually in a suitable way aswell, not that he could do it himself, he does not yet own a mirror though he says that his comfoter, is it?, or electronic device is like a reflection of himself and he usually uses it to dress himself, when coming to visit me. 'I need to thank you for your services to this town and you are the only one who has seen me in this dress when we started Morganville together. In 1827, if I recall I remember us trying to make it look like we did not talk like Brittish people as the Americans still hated us for declaring war on them in 1812. We had the night and we also had Oliver if you remember, a newly turned vampire Oliver, he was 250 and I was over 800, he was always a provoctive man. But as a vampire he thought he was imperishable...'

'Until he found out about the sun, the dog burned almost to a crisp.' Myrnin crowed, I raised my hand to the back of his head and hit him. He rubbed the back of his head in mock pian, Claire smirked but then when Myrnin looked at her she went up to him and gave him a short kiss on the cheek. His cheeks flustered slightly but then we he saw me looking he waved his hand to shoo me away.

~x~

Every female in the ballroom was wearing knee length dresses, in every colour you could imagine. I on the other hand was wearing a floor length baby blue dress, 2" heels in white. Most of the males had brought the suits they worn in the 1920's, they were either in black or grey, with black ties, and classic shoes that were kept in fine shape for almost 100 years.

I had just finished my speech up on the stage, Myrnin was just about to get up and escort me off the stage when Samuel came up behind me and put his hands ontop of my shoulders to stop me from standing. He looked at someone and mutely nodded. He took his hands off my shoulders and stood up straight making sue his blazer wasn't creased, as he held his elbow out for me. I gladly accepted, he led me down the steps onto the middle of the dance floor, the whole of Morganville was watching me as the band started to play a slow song. The spotlight on the stage shone, as Michael Glass came out and Sam starting to smile. What is he planning on doing now... He put both of his hands around my waist, I was confused at first but then I saw what Myrnin was teaching me the other week, he said to put my hands around his neck and relax... I locked into a gaze with him as we swayed to the music, Michael sang the final verse and it was perfect. Sam then broke away from me, I was shocked to see him like this he as always a kind and gentle but then... then he pulled out a red velvet box. I gasped, Michael and Myrnin smiled as they saw my face and Myrnin somehow managed to get a video cmaera and he started to look through one end and I think he was recording it...

Sam opened the box, and inside of it held a golden ring with a red ruby shaped into a heart, I felt tears forming in the corners oc my eyes and he hadn't even uttered a word.

' When I first met you, I saw a sparkle in your eye that meant determination and success. Even though we have been through many good times, there have been some bad times to which I may have regrets on, but I feel that If we move on with our lives, we can be a perfect couple for now and for the future. I am proposing you as I believe it is the right time to show Morganville that we belong together so and I want to spend the rest of my eternal life with you. I am determined to make this marriage last and I will make sure that all of the troubles we have and may experienced will not affect our relationship and we will face it all together. Amelie will you marry me?' I ran into his embrace and kissed him with so much passion, our lips locked into a pattern he was beautiful. We broke away and tears of joy fell down my cheeks as he slipped the ring onto my left hand, fourth finger. The whole of Morganville started to cheer as he done it. I am Amelie Bishop no more...

End Of Flashback...

His baby blue eyes shone through the darkness of my (no our) bedroom, a smile was planted on my face as he kissed me. His lips were soft but they were warm, he was never meant to become like me. He was meant to be an aging man in his mid 70's, he was so foolish when he young he took a bullet to his chest for me. I could of survived the bullet, but Samuel was love-struck so he took a bullet for me. My eyes fluttered open as Samuel kissed my cheek.

'Good morning Mrs Glass' I heard him purr, my cheeks flustered a dim red, I lent into his chest as his arms wrapped around my shoulders. Perfect...  I thought as he kissed the top of my head. Then the peace was ruined by the horrid shrill of the new electronic device now named a mobile phone. I had to break away from Sam to pick up the source of the shriek from the chesnut bedside table. When I saw the name I was in awe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys trying to update and rewrite so stuff. Please try to be patient my boyfriend broke up with me over Facebook and so my friends are trying to stop me not to kill him. Plus its near Christmas! Sorry updates may be spaced out.

TheDeadIsAlive