Episode 9

In the next few days of packing some stuff for her to take with her on their travel to Shen Ye's Kingdom. They both rode in the carriage as Cha Cha sat at the back, legs dangling from the edge as his guards walked with them to protect both Princess and Prince.

Sitting beside her in the carriage, Dijun was thinking about what Si Ming had told him, that Feng Jiu was to experience friendship, love and betrayal. 

Dijun knew she had experienced friendship with Cha Cha, now she was to experience love with him.

'Why do I have to betray her? What am I required to do to betray her?' Dijun thought and sighed to himself in which he didn't he did it out loud.

"Are you okay?" Xiaobai asked looking to him with worry. Dijun shook his head and smiled at her.

"Nothing is wrong, we have a festival coming up in my Kingdom, I would like to show you it if you like?" Dijun asked.

"I love festivals, how can I refuse?" Xiaobai asked with a smile on her face. As they travelled two days while stopping for rest, they finally arrived upon Wei Kingdom, the home of Prince Shen Ye.

"Stop the carriage, I wish to walk among the villagers, to see the stalls, Cha Cha" Xiaobai said as the carriage stops and Cha Cha appeared at her side.

"Yes your Highness?" Cha Cha asked bowing to her as Xiaobai smiles.

"Help me down, we will walk the rest of the way, I want to see places" Xiaobai said as Cha Cha  helps her down and Dijun steps down behind her.

"Your Highness, it would be better for you to meet us at your Palace" Xiaobai said, linking her arm with Cha Cha's.

"I will guide you, you can get pretty lost here" Dijun said as Xiaobai puffs out air but does not complain as he showed them the way as they stopped to buy some stuff.

As they finally arrived at the Palace by noon, Cha Cha was escorted to Xiaobai's room to drop their stuff off then taken to the throne room where Xiaobai would be meeting Prince Shen Ye's parents.

As they were announced in, Xiaobai slipped her arm into his and they walked into the throne room. There sat a beautiful woman and her husband, looking more regal then Xiaobai did.

Moving her arm from his, Xiaobai then got to her knees, leaning her head to her arms on the ground in greetings.

"Greeting Your Majesties" Xiaobai says as the Queen then nodded to her son who then helped Xiaobai to her feet.

"I am Imperial Princess Xiaobai from the Tang Dynasty, thank you for allowing me to come visit with his Highness" Xiaobai said.

"My dear, you may call us your parents, we have received the word that you and our son are engaged" the Queen said as Shen Ye smiles.

"Then I thank you both, mother and father" Xiaobai said and bowed to them as Shen Ye walked to his mother and gave her a hug.

"This calls for a celebration, to welcome the Imperial Princess to our Kingdom and our homes" the King said and the Queen nods in delight.

"I will send word to the noble families, have them bring their sons and daughters" the Queen said with happiness.

After meeting the King and Queen, Shen Ye walked her to the pavilion surrounded by a lotus pond, a bridge made way from the path to the wooden floor of the pavilion.

Xiaobai smiles as she walks under the cover of the pavilion and Dijun used magic behind his back to make it start raining rose petals.

Her smile became wider and her eyes gleamed as she danced around the pavilion, her arms outstretched and the petals falling off her head. Dijun then stepped forward and then, moved his arm around her waist and brought her close to him.

Xiaobai looked up at him, blinking in surprise as he held her, her free arm outstretched and the other on his shoulder.

"I have never met anyone as beautiful as you" Dijun said to her as she slightly blushes and looks away.

"You don't need to involve romance if you wish to only have us married on paper" Xiaobai said before Dijun leaned down and kissed her right on the lips.

Xiaobai's eyes went wide when he kissed her, hearing the thump of her heart in her ears before her own eyes closed, she didn't resist because for now, she felt a little affection towards the Prince kissing her.

Cha Cha had followed both of them when she saw what Prince Shen Ye started to do with Xiaobai.

A smile lit her face as she happily rejoiced that her Highness was finally getting her happy ending.

'She deserves love right now, I am so happy her Highness has decided on such a lovely man to become her future husband and Emperor of the Imperial Palace' Cha Cha thought to herself when a figure appeared beside her.

Cha Cha had started to scream before he covered her mouth and told her to shut up.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her and she pointed to the pavilion where the Princess and Prince were kissing.

"Her Highness is my mistress, we came here from the Tang Dynasty as his Highness has brought her here to meet his parents and to enjoy what this Kingdom has to offer the newly engaged couple" Cha Cha said.

"I do apologise, my name is Cha Cha" Cha Cha said with a smile on her face and her hand outstretched to shake his.

"I am Qingti" he said without taking her hand and she pouted as he pushed past her and walked towards the Prince and Princess.

Cha Cha ran after him, calling him to make sure he didn't disturb them, but he did, the couple broke apart, Xiaobai blushing.

"We should go go our room" Xiaobai said, moving away from Prince Shen Ye, linking her arm with Cha Cha's as they walked off.

Dijun looked to his guard with a not so happy face.

"What?" Qingti asked looking at his master as he then bowed in his presence.

"Next time, don't interrupt" Dijun said and left him to walk away.