Piyu Bole

Note: Hi Hi! I really wanted to write something since so many days but didn't have any inspiration

Note: Hi Hi! I really wanted to write something since so many days but didn't have any inspiration. I got to read a beautiful story yesterday by journalgirl321 - (y'all should read her story 'Jaane Kya Baat Hain' when you have some time it's too good!)and I have just been thinking about it all day. It gave me inspiration to write this. And I have been listening to this song 'Piyu Bole' on loop and it's been stuck in my head for about 2 weeks, so happy to finally write something on it.
Excuse any mistakes as I am an amateur writer. I write very conversationally and not to a plot. Sometimes I get ideas and I feel like  writing it down. Hope y'all like it.
This is just a one piece, no plot or anything just some sweet moments.
Jiya dole.. haule haule.. la da la da la da da..
Dil hi mein rakna piya..
Piyu bole, piya bole, kya ye bole jaanu na..
Jiya dole.. hmmmm..
She hummed the words to an evergreen song while leaving the bathroom after a relaxing bath.
She was drying her hair with a towel and softly singing the song messing up here and there. It didn't matter though.
The melody had poetry in itself, it sounded just as beautiful.
"What is the meaning of this song?", Kunal asked curiously, unconsciously startling her.
"Uff Kunal! You scared me! Don't you know there is a way to approach someone who is mindlessly singing?", she remarked holding her chest.
"Oh is there now? Please send me the handbook when you have some time", he teased. He stepped towards her taking the towel from her hand and doing the job himself.
She smiled to herself. Will there ever be a day when I won't turn as red as a tomato to his antics, she wondered to herself .
"Keep humming na, it sounds so beautiful in your voice", he requested while drying her hair as gently as possible.
"Only if you sing with me. Don't you know this song is a duet? Hashtag two is better than one", she said with a smile. She had taken up an impossible challenge, getting Kunal to sing? Nah.
"If I sing, Jugnu will run in here thinking someone is getting tortured", he said laughing
"Oh come on, you can't be that bad", she giggled
"Only because you asked for it, don't go complaining that I ruined the song for you and all", he was finally done with drying her hair. He went to the dresser and brought the jar of sindoor and a small bindi.
"Because you look beautiful in bindis",

"You can do the honors", she said with a giggle.
He happily obliged, first applying sindoor then taking the small black bindi and putting it on her forehead. He stepped back a little looking at his handiwork.

"Wow.. I could very much just be your make-up man", he said with glee.
"Okay, okay pseudo make-up guru, how about that song hmm?", she said with mischief and curiosity in her eyes.

"It's all on you. You asked for it", he cleared his throat, "Piyu bole.. piya bole hmm", not knowing the rest of the lyrics he gestured for her to continue.
"Dil ki jo baatain hain, baatain jo dil ki hain", she took his hand and kept it near his heart, "dil mein hi rakna piya".

She got a smile in return from him for her actions.
"You completely ignored my question from before, by the way, when you got scared of your own husband"
"Which question?", she asked curiously trying to recall.
"What is the meaning of the song? I've heard it many times because the music is so nice but I don't think I've really paid attention to the lyrics "
"The lyrics are the best part Kunal!! It's possibly the most beautiful song to ever be written", she said dreamily.

"Okay well, that is questionable considering how many songs there are in the world Kuhu", he said
"Hashtag whatever, it is the most beautiful song for me okay?", she remarked.
He chuckled and led her to sit down on the bed along with him. "Now will you explain it to me? So that I can understand why it's hashtag the best song in the world?"

"There's so much depth in it first of all. It's like a journey. Let me start from the beginning Mr. illiterate when it comes to music Rajvansh. So it starts with 'Piya bole, piyu bole kya ye bole jaanu na', meaning her lover is saying something but she is not sure what it is. But she is quite happy with it, even though she is not sure what he is trying to express and she herself is not aware of why her heart is fluttering as he speaks. Then she goes, 'Dil ki jo baatein hain, baatein jo Dil ki hain, dil mein hi rakhna piya. Kholun na lab toh par, Aankhon se sab keh diyaaaa', which means whatever is in the heart let it stay in the heart, say it all with the eyes. She's instructing her lover to express himself through his eyes rather than with words because it is enough for her to know the depth of his love for her", Kuhu explains with so much delight and joy in her voice.

"Wow.. I never realized it had so much meaning", he said softly. Their story wasn't all that different. He still hasn't express his love to her in words but she was well aware of it. It made him smile. The song reminds you of us, he thought fondly.

"You're impressed with just that? I've got more for you. 'Ek nadi se maine poocha ithlake chal di kahan'
Door tere pi ka ghar hai balkhake chal di kahan
Thoda woh ghabrayi, thoda sa sharmayi   
Uchli yahan se wahan   
Sagar se milne ka uska toh sapna tha
Meri hi tarah piya' meaning she was talking to the river and she asked it where it is going in a rush even though it's beloved lives far, it became a little shy and went away from there, then she concludes that the river was dreaming about meeting with the ocean, who is it's beloved just like she is waiting for hers. The overall meaning that I've depicted is that even though she is far away from her lover either physically or emotionally, she is still in glee and hopeful while dreaming of finally meeting with him",
"Kind of like us huh?", he wondered with a smile, she was shocked to hear this.
"You thought of us too?", she said shyly.
"You waited too long for me Kuhu. I'm sorry to keep you waiting for that long", he said solemnly.
She decided to sing the next stanza to cheer him up, as it captures their journey in a nutshell.
'Maine poocha ek ghata se itrake chal di kahan    Pyaasi bari zameen hai barso bhi tarsaao na    Thoda woh gurrayi, thoda sa tharrayi
Garji yahan phir wahan   
Preet lutati phir cham cham cham barsi woh', then she spoke with a cloud and asked where it is going in style and asked for some water as she was thirsty. At first he growled and protested in the form of thunder then suddenly poured down on her. Teri hi tarah piya.. just like you. Just like you, Kunal. It took you a while but we got here and we have made our own rainbow", she said smiling widely laying her head on his shoulder and wrapping her hand around his arm.

"You are the whole rainbow", he said, "it's only because of your patience and care that we have reached this place. Thank you for loving me", he said struggling to keep his tears from spilling out.
"I love you because of you Kunal. You don't have to thank me for that. If we are thanking each other then Thank you for finally opening up your heart for me and letting me in",
"Then thank you for knocking so much I had to let you in", he said with a chuckle. "I love you", he said softly but surely.
She looked up at him in surprise, her face broke into a big smile, she softly pecked his cheeks, "I love you too".