Five- Talks and thoughts

ELEVEN
Everyone except Max left the house, and we went outside to talk.

"Hey honey...Max and I are gonna talk for a bit..." I said to Mike as I shut the front door.

Max and I sat down on the chairs in front of the window.

"Max...why would I need to go back?" I asked as I faced her.

"El...you went to the doctors a couple of days ago for a stomach ache and it hasn't gone away. Besides you said that the doctor said that if it gets worse or it doesn't go away then you should go back!" Max said as looked directly at me.

"Max...it's nothing. It's just a simple stomach bug..." I said as I looked away. Before Max could speak a breeze blew past us.

"Are you sure it's not anything else? Like a baby?" Max asked.

"What? You think that I'm p-pregnant?" I asked, shocked at her remark.

"I mean...your symptoms match. I was vomiting a lot when I was pregnant with Eleanor." Max said as she looked away.

"Max...I think you're going crazy. It's impossible that I'm pregnant..." I said as I laughed a little bit.

"When did you last try?" Max asked.

"I mean...Mike and I tried like...2 weeks ago. Besides...even if I was...which I'm not...it would be a very bad time since I'm constantly vomiting and having physical nightmares that I can't control." I said standing up. I walked over to the other side of the porch and stopped.

"Besides, Mike and I have been trying for months...and we haven't had any good results..." I said as I held my stomach.

"There is no way that Mike and I are expecting. It's just...not possible..." I said as I took a deep breath in and out.

"I'll believe that when I see a negative test in your hands..." Max said as she laughed.

"Max...I-" Max cut me off.

"-Here's what we'll do. I'll come back here tomorrow for a girls day out. While we're out...you'll get a test and we can do it at my place. If it comes back positive, then you can schedule an appointment with the doctor and they can confirm it." Max said.

"What about-" Max cut me off again.

"-Mike won't find out if you are until you're ready. I won't tell anyone. I promise" Max said as she hugged me.
———
Five minutes later and Max left, leaving me on the porch. I went inside and got changed, having gotten into bed at 11pm.

"Night babe..." Mike said as he kissed my forehead. He rolled over and fell asleep. All night I was awake, not being able to sleep. I grabbed a notebook from my bedside and I started to write.

-How could I be pregnant...I mean...Mike and I have tried for months and we've been unsuccessful.

-What happens if I am pregnant?

-How will that affect me and Mike?

-Would Mike be upset if I was?

I put down my notebook and after 45 minutes, I fell asleep.

I sat on a chair, holding a small child in my arms as I sang a sweet lullaby. As I held the baby, the sky turned grey and lighting was starting to strike. I stood up, holding the baby tightly in my arms and I walked inside, making my way over to my bedroom. I laid the baby down in the crib and I got into bed. I closed my eyes and slept for a little while, before the baby started to cry. I got up but when I checked the crib, the baby was gone.

"MIKE!" I shouted his name. Mike got up and hugged me as I fell to the floor crying.

"M-My baby!" I shouted.

I jolted up, my body sweating and my temperature up high.

"El? Are you ok?" Mike said as he was clearly half awake.

"Yeah...go back to sleep babe..." I said kissing his forehead.

I grabbed the notepad again.

-Was that dream a representation of my future? No...that can't be. I've never been able to see the future...

I put the notebook down and laid back down on the bed. I fell asleep 10 minutes and I was lucky that I didn't have any nightmares, physical or not.