chapter 2

When Archie and I arrive at the grill I start looking for Susanne. I immediately spot her standing infront of a table on the right corners. As I get close to her I notice that her baby pink crop top is covered with ketchup and grease of the kebabs. I start laughing uncontrollably seeing her annoyed funny face.
She scolds me and I laugh even more.

"You look nice today " I tell her sarcastically.

" Not funny! Some stupid clumsy girl stumbled upon me while I was getting back to my table with my favorite kebabs and Fries." She tries to make a crying type face but fails horribly. And I laugh again.

" BTW you didn't introduce me with your new boyfriend yet." She points towards Archie and I realize he's still with me.
His cheeks turn pinkish Out of embarrassment I think.

" He's not my boyfriend!" I tell her immediately before she makes any further comment." He's Archie, my classmate.He's helping me with introductory statistics. Archie, this is Susanne, my best friend."

"Hi.. Glad to meet you. " Says Archie with a small smile.

"Hey.. No need to be so formal. Come have a sit. I'll order your lunch and clean up myself a bit. Tell me what are you gonna have?" Susanne asks both of us.

" I'll have crispy chicken and fries" I tell her .

"Yeah.. I know.. I didn't ask ya.. " She says sarcastically. " What about you, Archie? "

" Um.. I'll take mushroom burgers and black coffee please."

Susanne and I react almost same hearing this, shocked. "You're vegetarian?" We both ask him.

"Yes" He confirms.

" How could you live on those? I can't even think about eating half a meal without non-veg!" I tell him. " Yea.. Me too." Says Susanne.

" It's not that hard to live on those." He laughes. "I've been living on those my whole life. So it's normal for me."

" What?! You've never had non veg in your life?" I ask more shocked.

" Nope.. Actually my mother is a vegan. My father's not vegan though. My mother fed me only vegan food after 5 , so I'm a vegeterian almost for all my life" Informs Archie.

Susanne's mouth was still dropped open. We're both meat lovers and always made fun of those vegan people. Now one of them is with us and we can't make fun of him.

" Okay Suz go get some food now. I'm really starving." I tell her.

"Fine, I'll be back soon. Archie, you make sure she doesn't starve to death before I'm back. " Suz is making fun of me for being a foodie again.

"Sure. I won't let her die at any cost." Says Archie with a same tone to Suz. She leaves to get the food.

I'm feeling a little awkward with him. I've never felt this way for a long time with boys. I've dated bunch of guys in college. They were all assholes, still I didn't feel this nervous. Why is he making me so nervous now? Is it because I know he's different? He seems so familiar. Besides his understanding behavior towards me despite the first expression I had that night was really heart melting for me. No one ever showed that much understanding even after knowing me for ages.

" So how's everything going on in college? " Archie breaks the silence between us.

" Good. I mean I'm having fun in life finally. Nonstop parties and all you know!" I say dramatically.

"Whoa. I just wanted to know about your classes" " He says with a smile.

I notice he has dimples hiding under his trimmed beard that shows up when he smiles. He has slightly reddish black beard. And I'm having a uncontrollable urge to run my fingers through his mess of a hair to push them backwards.

"Classes are going on as usual. I've had a intereste in psychology. But I've to get a C in maths as it's the prerequisite to take psychology as major. But I just don't like that subject. Ugh! " I finish annoyingly.

Archie's laughing at my annoyance and I can see the dimples again. His lively laugh brings smile at my face also.

"Don't worry about that from now on. I'm going to help you with the maths as much as I can. I have a perfect A on that course." He says proudly.

" Seriously?" My jaw dropped open hearing that." I'm gonna give you alot of pain then.. You have to teach me from the very basic. That's gonna be quite a challenge for you. " I warn him.

"Believe me, I love challenges. And I'm as good as studying at teaching too."
I roll my eyes.

He murmurs something about "giving him pain" I think.. I can't quite get it so I ignore it. Susanne comes back with the food and I see she cleaned up her clothes a bit. We start eating our food . We talk about some random stuff then we leave there as Archie and Susanne had classes.

After lunch I get back to my dorm.Suz and I share the room. The dorm room has 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 dressers and a closet. We both decorated our sides of the room as we liked with our personal stuffs. This room has a big window as well. As there's only the 2 of us we don't have to worry about our things getting stolen or privacy facts. The one thing that bothers me and Suz as well is that we have to share a washroom with two more person of the other dorm room. I go to the washroom to freshen up then get back to the room. I jump onto the bed and start scrolling through the FB news feed. My head feels heavy and when I drift to sleep I don't know. My eyes open when Suz wakes me up. I get up and check the time. It's been 2 hours. I'm a total sleepyhead at daytime and an insomniac at night. I try to get back to sleep again covering my face with the comforter as Suz goes to freshen up.

Suz and I are very close. We're friends since elementary school. I've had many more friends at school but no one this close. We share everything and know every secret of each other. Suz is a very impulsive person but she's really good at heart. She has had 4-5 relationships from high school time. At first she was always very serious type of girlfriend but her luck never favored her in this matter. Every single boy was a bigger asshole every time. By the time the right boy came into her life , she was already a real bitch. This time she's the one who was hurting the boy that loved her truly. Joseph was so in love with her that every one could see that in his eyes except her.
She gets back to the room shouting at me to get up. She knows me too well.

* Hi my lovely readers and followers.Do you like this chapter? Don't forget to comment, vote and share. Keep supporting me .
You are the inspiration for me. *