“Really? Wow wear do the freckles come from?” he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

“They develop over time, or if you spend too much time in the sun. She might get freckles when she’s a little older, but not right away.” I giggle, looking back up at him half way through my next gingerbread person. He mumbles okay, still slightly confused looking but with a small smile on his face. I finish up my ginger bread people, and look over at Thomas to see how much longer he’s got to go, but he seems to be staring off into space, the same untouched cookie in his hand.

“Tom? You okay?” I ask, and he shake his head a little, as if trying to get back to reality.

“Yeah, yeah, I was just thinking about how we haven’t named her yet.” He said, resting his elbow on the table, and his face in his hand, squishing it up slightly, making him look very cute.

“No, we haven’t. I kind of wanted to wait until after she’s born and see what fits her.” I said, mimicking his actions by placing my head on my hands, both elbows resting on the table.

“We should probably come up with a few ideas though. I was thinking Anna, or Charlotte, or something.” He said, looking at me unsure.

“Hmm, I don’t know. They’re very pretty names. I was actually thinking we could name her after your mother, I’ve always loved the name Anastasia, and then we can shorten it to Anna.” I suggested, and he furrowed is already squished face.

“I don’t know, I feel like it’d be kinda weird her having my mum’s name… “He said, and I did agree. I feel like it’d feel a little odd too.

“We’ll see, we can take our time.” Thomas said, smiling at me and reaching across the messy table of broken cookies and icing, taking my hand in his and squeezing it, brushing over my fingers with his thumb. “Whatever we pick, it’ll be perfect.” He said, and we smiled.

“Okay, time to finish up these cookies! Little baby wants to try one before we have to serve them.” I giggled, rubbing my stomach. It had gotten quite late and dark, and our twinkly Christmas lights made for a perfect setting. The snow outside our house gave everything a sparkle, and our street was decked with sparkling and flashing Christmas lights and decorations in every front yard. It has always been my favourite time of year, everything seems so perfect, almost like a fairy tale. And here I am, with my prince. Maybe this is my little fairy tale.

“Y/n?” Thomas said, calling my Attention to him.

“Yeah?” I replied, looking over at him. His face is full with emotions.

“I love you. More than everything in the whole world.” He says, and I smile.

“I know, baby. I love you too.” I say, and he kisses me gently, before breaking the kiss to put a gingerbread man in his mouth.

“Werido.” I giggled, hitting him lightly with a dishcloth

“Your weirdo.” He corrects, moving over to the table to finish off decorating the cookies.

“yes, my weirdo.” I mutter to myself, smiling.

******

It’s Christmas eve, late afternoon, maybe 4 o’clock. Thomas and I are curled up on our couch, with the softest blanket and The Polar Express is on our TV. I’m extremely tired, almost falling asleep on Thomas, When I get an extreme pain in my lower abdomen, and I cry out, doubling over, clutching my hand on my stomach.

“y/m?! Are you okay? What’s going on?” Thomas says, sitting up next to me and putting his arms on my shoulder. Another sharp pain coursed through me, and I knew exactly what it was.