[ 1 ]

Jakku ~ one year after tros 

[ a/n: please note that the beginning will be kinda slow, long, and full of things we (the readers) already know (well...sort of) ...but I like to build things up over time rather than just rush into it. This chapter might not be full of damerey (or anything like it), but we'll be getting there soon! I promise! :)

Just hang in tight and be sure to give any tips n tricks that come to mind! Feedback is always a good thing. ] 

word count: ~2k

"Jakku," Finn noted dryly as the group ascended the ramp of the Falcon. "I thought I'd never see the likes of this place again." He added indifferently. 

"Neither did I," Rey commented with equal distaste as she lead the way. 

"Sorry, but am I the only one who doesn't know what's going on?" Poe intoned from behind, his tone laced with confusion as well as surprise. All three of them had troubling experiences upon the sand planet, so why all of a sudden did they come back when they obviously wanted nothing to do with it? 

"Yeah...as much as I agree with you, Rey, I honestly don't know why we're here." Finn continued absentmindedly. 

"We're here because I sensed something." Rey explained conversationally as they continued upon their way towards the outpost. "Well, someone for that matter," She added in an undertone. 

"You mean, you reached through to someone with the force?" Finn questioned with a hint of awe in his tone. 

"Yes," Rey affirmed solemnly, "I'm not quite sure as to who they are, but when I was trying to talk to them I had a vision, and Jakku was suddenly imprinted in my mind... and I think it was an indication to where I will find them." 

"And what if they're not here?" Poe inquired, trying his best not sound pessimistic. Beside him, Finn shot him a contemptuous look. 

"I'm almost certain I will find them," Rey voiced plainfully. "Besides, this place is known for stowaways of all sorts and there's a good chance you'll find some Imperials in the mix, so keep your wits sharp." She continued sincerley. 

"If I was on the run, this would be the last place I'd go," Poe retorted in a mumble. 

"And that's exactly why people would go here," Rey advised, "It's so unexpected that it's easy to blend in and mask yourself from society. Who knows who these people are...they could be everything and yet nothing at the same time." 

"Then how are we supposed to pinpoint the Imperials? If they blend in just like you say, how will we ever find them?" Poe questioned with a helpless air. 

"They'll show themselves," Rey responded with a soft smile, squinting over the horizon to overlook the shadow of her nearing home. The great outlines of beaten ships and Imperial walkers could be seen against the bright backdrop of endless sand. "Once they realize who we are, they will probably try and hide, or in the best case scenario - attack." 

"And why is that the best case scenario?" Finn commented uneasily.

"Because then they've done the hardest part for us, " Rey replied simply. "And that is revealing whose side their on." 

"Smart thinking," Poe complimented hesitantly, flashing a small smile in admiration. 

"What was your plan, anyway?" Finn confronted with interest. "To catch the Imperials, that is," 

"Come at em guns a' blazing?" Poe suggested with a small chuckle. "Honestly, I don't think about things at all...I just do whatever comes to mind."