"I don't know what Fiona will think because this has never happened before. I don't get involved with her friends. But, I really want to get to know you Callie." The way he says my name sounds so good that it makes me shiver.

Chris must take that as an invitation because he scoots a little closer to me. I can feel this electric energy between us. I've never had that with anyone before. The words come tumbling out of my mouth before I can stop them.

"I'd like that."

He grinned and I saw that sparkle in his eye again. Before I know what I am doing, I close the gap between us and gently put my lips to his. They are so soft. He welcomes my lips and pulls me closer as I melt into him. I sigh as we pull apart and stare at each other for a moment, catching our breath. Chris looks at his watch.

"We better get back in before we miss the game. Here, put my number in your phone. That way you can call me when you are ready to talk to me again."

I save his number, and we head back inside. Chris joins me and I secretly enjoy it as we sit, thighs touching, while we cheer on Fiona.

Later after the game Chris and I wait outside for Fiona to come out of the locker room. The conversation is easy. He tells me a little bit about his work as a contractor, building houses. And I barely listen as I imagine him shirtless in jeans and a tool belt, muscles flexing as he pounds a hammer...

"Hey guys!" Fiona's voice interrupts me before I start drooling.

"Great game! You rocked!" I shout.

"I knew I taught you a thing or two." Chris teases her.

We all say our goodbyes and part ways, us girls to our dorm, Chris back to his home. Later, I stand under the shower in the dorm bathroom, grinning as I think about my time with Chris. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get to know each other. I just have to get Fiona on board. I finish my shower and think about a possible future with the sexy blue-eyed boy.

--

It has been about 3 weeks since I last saw Chris. We talk daily via text, and phone calls when we can. I am over the moon. Not only is Chris insanely hot, but we click. It was after our first phone conversation that I realized I didn't even worry about what I was saying or how I sounded. I was just myself, and he got me. It had been so long since I had someone that could speak Callie.

One afternoon, as I exit the building of my last class for the day, I see Chris standing a few yards away. My heartbeat picks up, and I smile as I make my way over to him.

"Hey you." I say.

"Callie." He smiles at me.

"Are you looking for Fiona?"

"Actually, I came to meet you."

I stare at him with my mouth open momentarily before getting myself together.

"Why?" I ask. Really? That's all I can come up with? Smooth.

"I wanted to see you. I thought we could hang out and maybe grab some frozen yogurt. I know of a place nearby that is good."

I chuckle, and Chris looks down nervously.

"We could do something else, whatever you want." He says. I can't believe he is nervous around me.

"No, I love frozen yogurt." I smile reassuringly at him.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" He asks, offering me his arm. I hook my arm in his and we walk to his car as he asks about my day. Soon we are at the frozen yogurt place, taking our seats at a table on the sidewalk.