Chapter One

I'm not really a murderer, you know. It was an accident and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But people are ignorant idiots and believe anything even when there's no evidence.

It all started on the least dangerous of days. Just a day at the market. I went in as a normal, slightly mysterious person and came out labeled as a killer.

It was really my abilities that did it. My strange control over plants that slipped out of control. All because of a teenage boy. 

I was walking to market day. I had used various plants to dye my hair an ugly brown. It's rose red color is very conspicuous and I don't like getting attention. If I use a hood I can also hide my pale grass green eyes. 

I'd just stepped into the market and was trying to figure out the best merchant to get my food from when a gust of wind pushed my hood aside. I wasn't worried until I realized that I had somehow missed dying a lock of red hair.

People gave me odd looks as I struggled to tuck my hair back under the hood. A teenage boy winked at me and I cringed. He stepped up and touched my arm. Started blathering on about something. I tried to get away without showing him my true strength, but the boy was relentless and pulled me into an alley.

He grinned at me and I tried to leave, my temper rising every second. I pushed his hand away when he reached for me but he was not deterred. He said something about liking girls who played "hard to get'. This was really making me angry now. 

I was barely avoiding snapping at him when the reprobate blocked my exit again. I blew a fuse and summoned plants to come to my defense. Wicked rose thorns squeezed around him as I glared. He was choking, and his strangled yell was what brought me back my self control. I was backing away in horror when a small figure jumped onto him and I think they stabbed him but he was so covered in cuts from the roses and I couldn't really tell.

The figure was gone before I could say a word. I could hear a bunch of angry citizens who had heard the teen's yell barreling toward me. There was no escape. One woman rushed to the teen's side and felt for a pulse.

"He's dead. She killed him!", exclaimed the woman. I gasped and tried to explain but the villagers were approaching toward me. I was panicking and hundreds of vines rushed forth. The dye disappeared from my hair, which baffles me to this day. My cloak fell aside revealing the clothes I had fashioned from leaves. People were screaming, and in my panicked state, I ran through the crowd, vines clearing the way for me.

The villagers scattered as I fled. One man called after me. "If you ever show your face here again, you're done for! Freak!". 

I just kept running until I was safe at my den. I crumpled onto the floor and sobbed.