❝ heart turbulence ❞ ─ s. eita × reader

Start from the beginning

y/n frowns more, suddenly guilty as she turns, parting her lips as if ready to voice out an apology but stopping. her eyes falls onto the boy's expression which had been scared? anxious? nervous? it might've been all three, really. his fingers quivered slightly. the panic and anxiety flowed steadily in those eyes of his. beads of sweat drenched his skin. y/n watches as his fingers curled into a fist, nails digging into his own palm.

"eto..." she suddenly starts, concern dripping from her voice. semi inhales deeply as he turns to look at her once more, obviously not wanting to deal with her right now. "what?" he questions, almost annoyed. y/n only blinks, a sad frown on her face as she hesitantly raises her hand. "... this probably won't help but..." she starts, voice trailing off as her eyes slowly falls onto his quivering hand.

"eh...?" semi's heart pounded so loudly against his ribcage, he swore he could hear it. his heart rate quickly surpassing the rhythmic beat coming from inside his head. looking at the girl wirh confusion, she only gulps, hesitantly so as she slowly places her hand ontop of his. he frowns deeper, confused as he parts his lips, "w-what are you─?" his heart beat stops completely for a moment.

"my mother used to touch my hand like this," she suddenly says with a warm and sincere tone. she smiled a bit─ it had been reassuring, like eating milk and cookies by the fireplace when it was snowing outaide. that kind of reassuring. y/n continues on, "we used to move a lot back in the days," she says, rubbing circles on the boy's calloused hand. "and i always got scared no matter how many times i board the plane," she explains, shyly glancing up at him.

semi blinks, his cheeks suddenly flushed with a shade of pink. "... are you still scared?" he manages without a stutter. suddenly, he'd become nervous for entirely different reason. y/n giggles a bit, "mmhm... sometimes," she replies, shrugging a bit. "my mother used to sing this to calm me down," she adds on, before clearing her throat.

y/n's cheeks suddenly flush a pink shade as she looks away, her thumb still rubbing his hand gently. parting her lips, her voice rolled out slowly. semi's eyes widen a bit at this, genuinely surprised as he's mesmerised. her voice was music, and grace, and the haunting feeling of knowing that her voice was brought out by the wanting of reassurement and comfort. her hand caresses his hand once more before she finishes singing.

"..." semi is silent. his eyes trained intently on the girl in front of her as he gulped nervously again. the plain yet cute looking girl suddenly is seen in a different light as semi holds his breath. y/n had radiated nothing but grace. semi was enthralled. she had been mesmerizing in every way suddenly. as if he'd finally acknowledged her presence, a surge of understanding had calmed and further mystified her at the same time. there had also been something in those e/c eyes of hers that was so beautiful, so safe and warm. he saw something flicker in her eyes that he never wanted to die.

semi doesn't know what he'd been feeling but he blinks, shaking off the thought as he parts his lips to speak. "u-uh..." he manages only before stopping. y/n raises a brow, smiling even wider now. "... hmm?" she starts, "are you feeling better now?" she questions finally causing semi's heart to skip a beat. somehow, she'd look even more prettier than before. "... yeah, thank you," he manages, nodding a bit. y/n grinned, "you're welcome," she says, still unconsciously rubbing circles on the boy's hand.

semi gulps, glancing down nervously at their hands together. finally, y/n notices this as well and widens her own eyes, pulling away instantly, "a-ah! sorry! this must've been weird! having a stranger suddenly touch you so casually," she exclaims with flushed cheeks. semi lets out a nervous laugh, shaking his head. "o-oh no, it's fine! you helped me," he reassures. y/n smiled, still embarrassed as she looks away shyly. "... then," she starts, clearing up her throat a little. "i'm y/n l/n, i'll be sitting with you throughout this flight so try and entertain me, eh?" she introduces herself again and smiled.

semi blinks before smiling back, "... okay," he replies, suddenly excited of wanting to know more about this girl.

author's note

author's note

bro, the amount of requests i am getting is singlehandedly giving me both serotonin and stress LMFOAKCNSMDM

IM JK, IM LOVING THIS SO FAR OML

it's pushing me to write more and im🥴🤚🏻✨ thankful i suppose

there's some characters that i hate writing actually??? cause i honestly HATE the way i write them? it seems so ooc and im🤢🤮 so sorry if anyone requests specific character and it seems like they're a bit ooc👉🏻👈🏻

this was requested by the lovely sunxet!!!

𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓: 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ᵗᵉⁿᵈᵒᵘ ˢᵃᵗᵒʳⁱ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ