𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

Start from the beginning

"A princess!"

"H-Huh..."

"Because if you become a princess..." the girl began as she flashed a contagious smile. She was as bright as her hair, the blonde locks showing that she was a foreigner. "You can get annnything you want! You know - like a cute dress or a ring or a new doll!"

Nikki thought as she stared at her classmate's face.

Anything? Mum told me that I can get anything as long as I work hard...does this count?

"Then...what can you do to be one?"

"Marry a prince!"

She stared at the blonde before a look of interest stopped her from reading the book. "And where can you find one?"

"I-I-I don't know!" The latter returned her a panicked expression, wondering why she hadn't thought about how to reach her dream. Ichihara Ayumi gripped onto the hem of Nikki's charcoal jumper skirt before jumping up and down childishly, then facing the teacher and screaming out her name. "Amai-sensei~! Help me!"

"Oh my...what happened?" The woman walked over to the two little girls who shot each other alarmed looks of trepidation; Ayumi, because she was the one who began the conversation about her dream in the first place - and Nikki, because she usually panicked when people around her began to.

Ayumi hugged her classmate in agony. "We were talking about how to become princesses, but Nikki-chan asked me how — but I don't know!"

The teacher anxiously smiled at the two, clenching her hands to her apron in terror. What was she going to say as a teacher? 'Oh sorry, a princess? You should scrap that and think of being something else.'? Of course not. Instead, she sat down at the levelled height with the two before sighing, thinking of an idea in her mind.

"Oh, right!" She gasped before pulling the girls down with her, sitting in a triangle as if they were having a serious conversation. Somehow, Nikki just wanted to go back to reading her picture book but the anticipatory of the blonde had stopped her from doing so. "Have you watched Disney movies? You know, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty...Snow White, Rapunzel — those. They all have princes and princesses in title, right?"

"In...title?" Nikki cocked her head in a confused manner. "Nngh, can I go back and read my-"

"No! No, no, no! That book is boring!" Ayumi grabbed ahold of the girl once again, pulling her back and falling on her butt. Nikki pouted as she rubbed her bottom, then facing the teacher once again.

"Ahaha, calm down Ayumi-chan," the teacher said as the blonde simmered down immediately. "When I say 'in title', I mean that you don't have to be a princess to feel like one or to get what you want. Even if you grow up and find yourself a person you like, they can still treat you love that money can't buy. You can also treat yourself once you get rich by your job."

Nikki squinted her eyes. "But if they don't pay for my food, they won't get my love!"

"Nikki-chan, food can come later — but I get what you mean!" The adult hissed in relation, still laughing at the elementary student's fast and cunning response. "Imagine a beautiful day where you get to wear a long white dress, a pure laced veil draped over your head as the wedding bells chime in a pleasant melody! Now, now, you two, what bouquet of flowers would you like?"

The two stared at each other before Ayumi lifted an arm up. "Lilies!"

"Why lilies?" Nikki asked, expecting a generic answer like red roses.

Onyx met azure as the latter answered. "My mummy said she got lilies from daddy, and they mean devotion, passion and purity! They look super pretty as well!"