"You gonna admit it?" she asked smugly, reaching into the cabinet below her and pulling out two small pyrex dishes and their respective tops.

"Admit what, Princess?" Erik questioned, as he took the lid for the pot from her and began to clean it with too much enthusiasm. She bit her lip, he was trying to distract her with the nickname.

It almost worked.

"Admit that dinner was the shit," she pressed on as she filled the two containers with the food, before adding roti to ziplock bags and sealing them for freshness.

He sighed gently and shook his head but Aurora could see the dimples deepening in his face. She poked him in the side causing him to shimmy away from her with a loud "Aye!"

"C'mon, admit it, shorty. Dinner was the shit and so am I."

"Oh, so you just tackin' shit on at the end there, huh?"

Aurora didn't let up, the giddiness of the situation had her head feeling almost as light as he heart. She gave him a toothy smile, her eyes crinkling to the point of near blindness. 

"Say, 'Dinner was the shit, Aurora is a better chef, and I'm not worthy to be in her presence.'"

Erik flicked water at her making her screech in surprise.

"Hey, what the fuck!" Her hand immediately shot to her coils, rubbing the suds out furiously with a glare in his direction that didn't hold any fire in it.

"You was gettin' real hot-headed there, Princess," he said splashing more water at her as she wiped her face with her sleeve, chuckling deeply when her growl became more high pitched. "You need to cool down, girl."

"Ugh! Would you cut it out!" she screamed when he plucked more water at her from his wet fingertips. She turned her back to him and wiped the last droplets off of her face. "Act your fuckin' age, not your goddamn shoe size." 

His answering laugh rung out in the kitchen and she tamped down on the butterflies that fluttered through her at the sound. He was an ass. He didn't deserve her nerves. She pulled her arm from her face once she was satisfied it was dry, the image of a terribly made puppet on the television sparking a memory from earlier in the week.

"Ugh, I'm so full. I ate too fast," Jade complained, rubbing at the flat surface of her tummy slowly with a grimace on her face.

Aurora snorted, looking over at her and then at the empty box where her Hawaiian pizza once was. 

"That's what you get. Pineapple on pizza is of the devil."

Jade smirked at her before picking up her wine glass. 

"You would know since you've been hanging around with him recently. How is the Fallen Angel anyway?"

"Really J? We still goin' on about this?" Aurora asked as she picked off a piece of pepperoni and added it to the pile on the corner of her plate. She would eat them last as usual.

"What?" Jade shrugged before throwing back the last of her wine. "I'm just using his proper title. Want some more wine? I have one that goes well with pepperoni."

"Yes please, your bougieness." Aurora snarked, handing her best friend her empty glass.

Jade snatched it. 

"It's not my fault you aren't cultured enough to know better."

Ari rolled her eyes at her bestie's retreating form before looking back at the television where the trailer for Happytime Murders played.