"Because the door locks to keep the royal jewels safe," Maggie confirmed and slowly, Nora began to walk toward her godchild.

"And I have looked down this river all day long and I have watched all the laundry barges, drifting back and forth from one bank to the other," She explained, stopping when she was standing in front of Maggie, "And all I can think about is my son sleeping on the hard wooden floor of that room with robes and linen all around him. That of which should be his, not the Usurper's."

"My lady aunt, if I could mount a rescue, my brother would be free," Maggie pointed out and Nora was quick to respond.

"They will never let Teddy out. Not while the Tudors are in power," Nora answered in a calm tone, causing Maggie to tense up, "And you're not safe either, whether you want to believe it or not. Your only hope of freeing him and ensuring your own safety is by putting George on the throne."

Nora sighed, noticing how terrified Margaret looked. She took a step toward her, placing her hands on Maggie's shoulders. "None of us are without fear, my little flower," She told the girl in a soothing tone, affectionately stroking the girl's cheek, "But we are women. We must do whatever we can to ensure the safety of our safe. And me? I would do things you couldn't imagine to protect my family. But I think you already know that."

"I do," Maggie replied, beginning to calm down a bit as she spoke to her aunt.

"You're my family, Maggie, and I love you. As I loved your father. He was like a brother to me. You must know that. I promised him I would protect you and your brother and I shall keep that promise. But I can only ensure Teddy's safety if the Tudors are no longer in power. Do you understanding that?" She asked and Maggie remained silent as she slowly nodded her head, "Good. Now, there's something I'd like for you to tell my son when you next see him."

Maggie nervously gulped, nodding slightly as she stared up at Nora.

____

Morning soon came around and when it did, Lizbeth stood in her chambers with her ladies. Maggie stood behind Lizbeth, tying the strings in the back of her cousin's dress.

"You look terrible," Lizbeth commented as she glared at Cathy, who stood in front of her, "God, what is wrong with your eyes?"

"I'm tired, My Lady," Cathy confessed and Lizbeth tensed up, recalling that Henry had never come to bed the previous night.

"They are dull and red. Your cheeks are blemished and your skin flakes. I don't understand why any men would want you," Lizbeth retorted, causing Cathy to sigh in frustration.

Lizbeth was angry and was taking it out on her, just as she did years prior with Lizzie and Cecily after Arthur had angered her. Instead of taking it out on Arthur, she tormented the next best thing.

"The king does," Cathy retorted with an attitude, "He asked for a prodigious night and so we had."

Lizbeth scoffed loudly, a part of impressed by Cathy's courage to stand up to her. No wonder George loved her.

If the past proved anything to her, York men liked strong, willful women. The women Arthur, Edward, and Richard fell for proved just that.

"So you think my husband likes you?" Lizbeth asked, shooting Cathy a threatening glare.

"I think nothing, Your Grace," Cathy replied quickly, only to tense up as Lizbeth began to walk toward her.

"You sure were thinking something when you made that remark about my husband," Lizbeth growled as she stopped in front of Cathy. She roughly grabbed her by the chin, causing Maggie to feel uneasy.