Chapter 1

I woke up.
A brand new day to make things right with Jake.
I didn't mean to upset him.
I just don't feel like getting married right now.

The Previous Day...
"What do you say, Ness?" Urged Jacob.
He was on one knee, looking up at me, in his hand a beautiful diamond ring.
"Jake..." I began.
He smiled.
I gulped. "No. I can't, not now."
Jacob's smiled dropped. He looked hurt. "Fine. I understand."
He walked away, back towards the house.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I sighed.
He'd ignored me all last night.
I didn't want that today.
He didn't come to bed last night.
I really didn't want that.
He must've stayed at Seth's place.

I climbed out of my bed. We stayed in the cottage, Esme, my grandmother had given to my mother and father when they first had me. Temporarily. They were building us a house too. I got dressed in a flash. I wore a red, knee length dress. Alice and I had gone on a shopping spree last week. I'd chosen the dress. I slipped my boots on and went outside.

It was a cloudy day. Perfect. I didn't like sunshine. It made me hot and sweaty.
I sniffed the air. I could smell Jake. He'd passed through here a few hours ago. I followed his scent, sprinting through the forest. It didn't take long for me to find him. Jacob was sitting on a rock at the beach. I walked over to him.
"Hi," I said as I sat down beside him.
"Hey." He said, flatly.
I took a deep breath. "Look, about yesterday. I..." I began.
Jacob didn't look at me.
I continued, "I'm sorry. It's not that I don't want to marry you. It's just, I want to wait. We have so much time left. I love you and all, Jake. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You know that
From the corner of my eye, I saw him smile.
"Yeah. Sorry, I know. I didn't mean to rush into this," he apologised. He hugged me. One of his bear hugs. I love those.
We were okay now.
The rest of the day Jacob and I sat on the beach and we chatted, kissed and laughed together.
I love him.
I really do.