Chapter 6- Smart talk

I took my mind a moment to remind me where I am when I woke up that morning.  /(A/N Changing to the writing in Present!)/ I grunt, feeling tired and feeling the pain in my back that came from laying unconscious, for what it seemed a long time, on my back. I managed to sit up and look around. The Frost Giant was looking at me.  If I didn’t feel so tired, I would have snapped at him. Instead I stand up and start pacing around the cell in order to destroy the soreness. I was still wearing the clothes from before, including the deer helmet.

,, Morgan?” Someone asks from behind, and I turned around quickly, startled, for I didn’t feel anyone coming. Probably because of the magic barrier. I couldn’t even make illusions in the cell. In front of my cell stood Thor.

,, Greetings, Thor” I said. I wanted to look unworried for what happened the night before.

,, I’m here to apologize for not telling you the truth. You saw what happened last night, and I wanted to make that event happen later. But I truly was wrong for not telling you”

,, Don’t lie to me, Thor. Safety isn’t the only reason” I say, sensing the lie by the way Thor tensed when he spoke it. He sighed.

,, I wanted to teach what is right and what is wrong, so you don’t grow up to be Loki”

,, What’s wrong with being Loki? He did some bad things, yes, but they weren’t that bad. His attempts to conquer Midgard have failed, leaving him no other option than to rot in prison. But other than that, he is intelligent beyond belief.” I said, feeling the need to oppose Thor in everything.

,, That’s exactly what I’m saying. We want you to stay intelligent, but to use your brain for good things, not bad. And that is hard if you don’t know what is good and what is not” I stiffen when he said that. He is wrongly right.

,, You can’t teach me how to judge. But yes, brains should be used for a good purpose, and I haven’t done anything frightful on my own accord so far.”  I say. Am I having an actual intelligent discussion for the first time on Asgard? To be honest, I believed that the people were smarter here, but this is the first time I am talking with someone about actual important things.

,, I can’t teach you, but I can guide you”

,, I want to see Loki. Just see him live. He is my father. I deserve that.” I say. I really want to meet my father, bad or not. He must care at least a bit about me, right? He can’t have a complete desire to kill me, can he? I want to make him proud. He sounds like the kind of people who respect respect. Who you can’t make proud so easily. Maybe If I get him out of prison…

,, I’ll ask Odin when you are allowed to get out. Now, do you want me to bring you something to read?” Thor said after a few moments, interrupting my thoughts.

,, Yes. Bring me the book I was reading yesterday and a book about telepathic abilities on the second shelf, right corner, the silver and green one. “ I recite. I almost finished the book about Norse Gods, and I was interesting in learning to use my abilities.  Thor just nods, probably used to bringing stuff to Loki. Loki, Loki, Loki.

*~*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

Strong arms are holding me, whispering gently to me. Next to me is a dead woman.

,, Mamma!” I call out to the dead women and touch the puddle of blood on her beautiful red dress.

,, Hush!” says the owner of the arms holding me.

,, Daddy!” I say to the man holding me. He has deep, green eyes and long, black hair. Tears are streaming down his face.

,, Hush, sweetheart. Everything will be alright. Daddy killed the monster who killed Mamma.” His velvet voice whispered, making me feel sleepy. I hug his arms and drift into dreamless sleep.

*~*~*~ END OF FLASHBACK~*~*~*

I gasp. The flashback was so real. My mother. My mother died, and she was killed, to be avenged by Loki, my father. By the way he spoke to me, I could say that he cared for me. That make me somewhat happier, but I felt the pain of losing my mother I don’t even remember.  I feel tears starting to form in my eyes. I try to sustain them, but they keep on coming, making my face wet. I fall down onto my knees and put my head in my hands. The pain was great, and I missed Loki, suddenly knowing him only for who he was at time from I remember him from. I was grieving for some minutes, to be interrupted by Thor’s voice.

,, Morgan? Are you alright?”

,, They killed her. They killed my mother.” Thor’s eyes suddenly fill with sadness and pity. I hated the pity.

 ,, I’ll open the cell to give you the books. Don’t try to escape” he said. He was opening the cell? I almost laughed out loud. A perfect chance for me to escape, find and visit my father. At the moment Thor opened the cell, I teleported behind him, hitting him on the head with all my strength.  He fell onto the floor, unconscious.  

Here I come, father.