Chapter 13

Kayla

I woke up this morning and did my usual morning routine, taking a shower and changing into this. ^^Outfit up above.^^ I then went down for breakfast before Jason showed up so that we can work on his truck. But little did I know that today was going to be anything but normal. It started when we had all gathered to eat breakfast before getting on with our days, there was a knock at the front door and dad asked me to get it. I opened the door to find Paden and Carson along with Avery and Dannah. I slammed the door shut a soon as I opened it. I run back into the kitchen and everyone looks at me.

"Who was it?" Mom asks

"Wha, how, why, Pa, Car, Ave, Dan." I sputter 

"They're here?" Z asks

 I nod my head. They knock again, this time I open the door and stare at them for a while. Soon Paden steps forward and wraps me in his arms, I fight them of course.

"Let. Me. Go," I growl

That stops them before anything else can happen. I look at them once again and try to run but Paden catches me again. I look at the truck coming up the driveway, Jason, perfect excuse.

"We need to get to work now, so whatever you want, I don't want to hear it, but I guess your welcome to stay for a while." I stammer

Then I hear Zane speak, "You two know what you did, fix it."

Carson

Yeah, we're done for, that's all I got right now. I look at my brother, wife, and daughter. Then comes Kane, the dad, and Katelyn, the mom.

"Look, I don't know who you people are or what you're doing here, but if you hurt my baby girl, the police will never find your bodies." Kate glares

"In nicer terms, come on in, have a seat, and explain what you did to Kayla," Kane says opening the door wider 

We shrug and walk into the nice house.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna go see what Kayla's doing," Paden says walking back out the door

Paden

I walk around the back of the house just in time to see Kayla opening a huge sliding door, by herself and a jacked-up truck drive in the garage. I decide to wait until the big door closes again before going to the side door and opening it and walking in. My jaw drops at the sight and I try to say something, but I also spot Jason Aldean talking to my cousin. I can't make out what they're saying, but pretty soon he leaves. Now I step out of the shadows.

"So it is you guys," I say

"Paden, leave now, please." Kayla looks at me with tears in her eyes

"Go be with them, we got this boss lady," Evan says softly pushing her towards me

I open my arms for a hug, but instead, Kayla jumps on me, wrapping her legs around my waist and she starts crying

"You'll know where to find us if you need us," I say walking away