Chapter 6

Six Years Later

A lot can happen in six years; several hair coloures, new tattoos, countless hobbies, piercings, and a marriage. No, I'm not the one who got married. Before I left, Miss.S and Danny decided to spontaneously get married, after twenty years of an off and on relationship. It only took them twenty years to finally realize that they were perfect for each other, but I suppose it was worth the wait, because the wedding had everyone in tears.

When I first moved to L.A, I was all alone in a city I'd never been in before with two kids. Well, that's untrue, I had Patrick, but everyone, Mona, Miss.S, Darcy, and Danny all stayed behind.

Patrick stayed true to his word about helping me find a good home for me, Ben, and Indi. We became close as friends over the years, and we were even better together when it came to business.

LA was amazing. Everything there was so unique and there were so many places to go. We all adjusted well to the California life and it was home in no time. But after such a long time away from family, I felt that it would be best to come back home.

When I told Patrick that I was moving back, he nearly broke into tears. He told me that if I was going back, I would be put in charge of the salon where I used to work, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Being back in the city is like taking in a deep breath of fresh air. There's something about it that comforts me, and no matter where I go, my heart will always belong to New York.

As we ride in the cab back to my old town house, that Mona and I shared, I can't help but feel excited and anxious at the same time.

I look over at Indi and Ben. When we left for L.A Indi was twelve, and Ben was Two. Now looking at the eight year old and eight teen year old sitting beside me, I can't help but wonder how the time goes by so fast. I recently celebrated my twenty-seventh birthday before we left for New York, and I can't believe how much my life has changed since Ben was born.

After a couple more minutes of driving we finally arrive home. I pay the cab driver, get our bags, and just take in the scenery.

"Welcome home guys!" I say excitedly clapping my hand

I look over at Ben and Indi who both have the same bored look on their faces. When I told them we were moving back to the city, they weren't exactly pleased with me. I thought that when they arrived they would be more excited, obviously I was wrong.

"OK, give up" I say "both of you voice your opinions now, so you can at least pretend to be happy" I say putting a hand on my hip.

"This is your home, not our home" Ben says motioning to the house

"I'm just pissed you decided to leave my senior year, so thanks for socially killing me" Indi says picking up her bags and begins walking over to the front door.

Ben and I do the same and follow closely behind her.

"I promise you'll love it more than L.A" I say running my fingers through his dirty blond hair.

"Sure mom" he says sarcastically, and before I can counter the front door swings open.

"YOUR HERE!!!" Mona screams and brings us all into a group hug, she lets go and catches her breath.

Mona's personality hasn't changed. Every single day she would call me in L.A and start off by asking when I was coming home. Her once long brown hair, is now a cute, short bob with blond at the ends of them. It suits her face perfectly.

"Holy shit, you two grew up" she says looking at Ben and Indi "I guarantee that your still a devil child" she says to Indi, who smirks.

"Ya, but now I have a sidekick" she says throwing her arm around Ben's shoulder