Bonzo Oneshot #1

**A/N: Just a heads up, this part of the story involves character death and angst. Please read at your own risk**

*24th September, 1980*

-3rd Person again bc why not-

Emilia sighed as she held their son Westley against her hip. "Bonzo? I really think we need to talk about your alcohol problem." Bonzo looked at her, a glass of vodka in his hand, and said, "I don't think there's anything to talk about. I really don't think there's a problem." "Bonzo, I love you. I really don't wanna see you go down this path anymore." Emilia sighed, setting Westley down onto the floor. After he ran off to go play, Emilia sat down at the counter, a sad look in her eyes, and said, "Could we at least talk about this? I just don't want our children to grow up without their father. Please, just let me help you." He set the glass on the counter, crossing his arms, and took a breath. "I seriously don't think there's anything to talk about. I'm just fine. I know what I'm doing." He slurred lightly. Emilia looked at her husband, tears in her eyes, and sighed. "Bonzo, you really need help. You know what, I'm checking you into rehab first thing tomorrow." Bonzo nodded, reluctantly setting his glass down on the table, and Emilia kissed his cheek. When she did, she got a pillow and a blanket, and helped Bonzo onto the couch, kissing his cheek, and went to bed.

*The next morning, 25th September, 1980*

Emilia woke up in bed, a gut feeling that something was wrong making itself known, and got up out of bed. When she did, she went out in the living room where Bonzo was lying on the couch. She walked up to him, gently shaking him, but he didn't move. A feeling of dread surged through her body as she desperately tried to wake her husband. When she turned him over, she saw the vomit around his mouth. Fearing the worst, she called an ambulance. When they finally got to the house and tried to resuscitate Bonzo, the paramedic brought her aside, and sighed, a small frown settling on his face. "Ma'am? I'm so sorry to tell you this, but we've done everything we can. Your husband is gone." Emilia gasped, covering her mouth with her hands, and shook her head, tears rolling down her cheeks. "N-No... Please tell me this isn't true! There has to be something you can do for him!" The paramedic frowned, shaking his head, and comforted Emilia the best he could. After they left with Bonzo on the stretcher, Emilia sat at the table, unable to contain her sorrow, and wept.

*A few days later*

Emilia sighed, setting the phone down, and a few stray tears rolled down her cheeks. "I-It's all my fault... I could've done something to keep this from happening but I didn't..." She sobbed, and turned around with a start as she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. "No. It's not your fault Em. Bonzo just couldn't stop. He'd been drinking all day that day. You did nothing wrong." Robert reassured her, wiping the tears from her cheeks with a tissue. "Thanks. I'm glad I have you and the others to help me through this. And Carolina and Westley have me. I have to be strong for them." Emilia sighed, hugging Robert tightly, and a small smile settled on her face. After she handled everything, she went to go spend time with her two children.

**A/N: Hey y'all! So sorry for the delay! I've just been super busy and out and about and quarantine is just making me slowly lose my shit. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Much love, Zoe**