The hunter phobia

Start from the beginning

I turned on the sink water and grabbed and towel and started to clean my face off. Once I was finished I opened the bathroom door and walked back downstairs where Klaus was waiting. He gave an emotionless look that just screamed worry. He pointed towards the other room and then walked towards that room. I followed after, choking back more tears. The second I walked into the room I was instantly enveloped into warm, inviting arms.

"What happened, love?" He whispered into my hair. I just shook my head, another sob escaping my lips. My legs suddenly were no longer beneath me as I was lifted into the arms. He walked over towards the couch and sat down so I was still pressed up against his chest, my head buried in his shoulder and my arms around his neck with my legs spread out over the couch. His thumbs rubbed soothing circles in my back. It took me a couple of minutes to calm down but when I did I just layed against his chest, letting him to continue to rub the circles in my back. After a couple of more minutes he gently pulled away and caressed the side of my face with the back of his hand.

"What happened, my love?" He asked quietly and I could see he truly wanted to know. This was killing him almost as much as it was killing me. But I couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell him that currently images of the dark, empty cell, the faces of those monsters cluttered my mind. I couldn't tell him that when I breathed in I couldn't smell the wonderful scent of ditergent from his clothes or the cool mint of his breath against my face, instead I could only smell burning flesh, fresh blood, and the disgusting scent of vervain. I couldn't tell that the sounds of my own screams of agony continuelly sounded through my ears along with the searing of my own flesh and the sound of guns shooting and lodging in my flesh over and over again haunted me. However he must've seen the torture in my eyes because his worry increased until I was able to clearly see it in his eyes.

"I can't tell you." I whispered lowly. His gaze hardened.

"Why not?" He demanded. I didn't feel up to fight with him though, so instead I layed my head back against his shoulder and closed my eyes. I was tired. I hadn't been able to sleep at all last night, thoughts of the hunters back keeping me awake. He didn't argue any longer, instead he allowed me too lay my head against his shoulder wordlessly. I felt safe knowing he was here so I let myself fall into sweet oblivion.

***

I was woke to the sound of arguing. I blinked a couple of times, my eyes bleary and tried to shake off my drowsiness. The arguing stopped as the people in the room realized I was awake and I slowly sat up, taking in the room around me. I was laying on the couch, with Klaus sitting in the desk across the room and Tyler standing at the door, looking extremely irritated. I yawned.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Did we wake you up?" Klaus asked quietly. I shook my head, rubbing sleep from my eyes.

"No, it's fine. What's going on?" I continued, standing up.

"Nothing much, angel, just having a bit of a talk. You can go back to sleep." He told me softly, though his eyes remained cold. Those were his 'business' eyes. The eyes he used when dealing with hybrid matters. Suddenly the phone rang and Klaus picked it up.

"Hey Tyler." Damon's voice came on the other side of the phone.

"No Damon actually it's Klaus, what can I do for you?" Klaus asked, leaning forward in his seat with a smirk.

"Hey Klaus, I wanted to ask if Tyler was up for going after the hunter." Damon said over the phone.

"No i'm afraid Tyler is currently under house arrest. I on the other hand..." Klaus trailed off, his smirk widening. Oh no. Klaus couldn't go after the hunter, he couldn't even look at the hunter! He would figure it out. He would know I knew about the hunters, and it wouldn't take long for him to piece things together.

He hung up after finishing his conversation with Damon and stood up, getting ready to go after the hutner with Damon. As he walked past me I grabbed his arm lightly. "Please don't go." I asked quietly. He stopped and gave me a weird look.

"Why not?" He asked. There were two ways I could go at this. First I could play it off with a little flirting and seduction and see if he might fall for that instead of going after the hunter, however he might not fall for that and in turn he'll become suspicious. And on the other hand, I could play off weakness and not wanting to be alone. Although I despised the thought of having to show anymore weakness then I have today, I know it's my only shot.

"I...don't want to be by myself. Will you please stay with me?" I whispered, looking up at him through my lashes with that vulnerability in my eyes. I didn't really have to fake it though, it was there and it was real. I just let it show more clearly. His eyes softened for a split second. He leaned down and captured my lips with his in a soft, sweet kiss that momentarily made me forget everything. When he pulled away he caressed my face and pressed another kiss to my forehead.

"Don't worry love. Just stay here and i'll be back soon. My hybrids will watch out for you. You still look tired and worn out, you should try to sleep some more, angel." He said softly. With a final, short kiss he was gone. I was momentarily stuck in my daze until I shook it off.

"Wow, either he's got you hooked or you've got him hooked." Tyler spoke up. I flushed when I realized he'd been watching the whole thing and tried to cover up my weakness by looking more like the normal me.

"It doesn't matter." I say nonchalantly, trying to not go down that road.

"What's got you so upset?" He asked me curiously and I swallowed.

"Stuff." I answered with a shrug. He rolled his eyes, realizing he wasn't going to get an answer out of me.

"Just one more question. How can you love him?" He asked me. I narrowed my eyes at him, brief anger flaring through me.

"I don't know, how could Caroline love you when you were a complete ass?" I snapped back. He was quiet.

"Point taken." He grumbled and walked out of the room. I was left alone. Without anything else to do I layed back down on the couch and closed my eyes once more, falling back asleep instantly.

***

I stayed up late writing this but i'm glad I got it finished! I've realized that you guys never really get to see a weaker side of Arielle because there aren't many things that can hurt or scare her. However there are and you'll find that out of all of Arielle's fears and vulnerabilities, none of them match up to this one.

Anyway please comment, vote, and fan!